or Connect

Posts by Sailor

Well, I'm not a parent, but .. ha, no way would that fly with me. Frankly, I went through high school and college. I saw what the majority of boys were like. I hesitate to even use the word men on them. I know there are exceptions, of course. But, quite frankly, the vast majority of them are not mature, and they still use forms of pressure as well as (what I call) emotional blackmail to get sexual activity. I see this a lot. And not every girl is experienced enough to...
Do your homework, as the pp said. As with ANY working dog, you really MUST go to either a highly reputable breeder or go through a rescue. Forget any and all backyard breeders, pet stores, or anything of that nature. Otherwise ... I love dobes. They're the ultimate velcro dogs. You'll want them inside with the family. They're not outside dogs. I had a VERY hard time deciding between gettins a GSD (german shepherd) or a Dobe. Ultimately, I decided on the GSD, but it's...
Yes, I wouldn't ignore this. I would also file for a restraining order. Based on all the evidence, I don't think they wouldn't give you one if you stated you were afraid that he'd come and kill you. Second, as the pp suggested, I would file for sole custody of the child during the divorce. And I would do this soon. Strike while the iron is hot. Everything is documented, he kicked you out in the dead of winter. You had to move to be with your mom in order to support your...
I believe you too. My best friend (we've known one another since age 5) was treated terribly by her mom. But, her younger brother - he got the royal treatment. Her brother could do NO wrong, and everything he did was praised. While my friend was constantly nagged, put down, and emotionally abused. It was awful to watch. And, as a kid, I couldn't understand why her brother was treated so differently. I, too, have read Mother Nature. Which is a fascinating book.
My parents just called it what it was - vulva was the outside, vagina the inside, and butt was the thing I sat on. When I was 7 or so, I got this great anatomy book, and so was able to label all the other parts, i.e. labia, clitoris, urethra, etc. We didn't do cutsy names for it or anything like that. I don't understand - why wouldn't a person call said areas by their names? I'm just curious as I have never heard of calling it anything except by what it's actually...
Quote: Originally Posted by MittensKittens ITA. I never heard that soy as such was bad until I came to MDC though. I'd like to hear more about it. I do avoid the GM stuff which is obviously bad, but I do drink organic soy milk. Is that bad too? I don't know about soy milk. I don't drink it myself, but that's because I really dislike the taste. I drink almond milk instead. However, I know you can make your own soy milk. Which makes it OK in...
You know I've seen this trend too. Even with Harry Potter - both parents dead, and he's living with a pretty bad aunt/uncle. Then, on top of that he loses his godfather. Though the other kids have families, it's like they never see them. I mean, they spend all year at Hogwarts, and then the summers they spend at those secret headquarters. I mean, when does Hermione see her parents at that rate?! That always struck me as odd. That they'd let their daughter go off to...
You can just give them raw.
Yes, there is no point in mentioning the barking if your dogs are outside too. The Beagle could be reacting to their presence. I'm also someone who never leaves my dog outside when I'm not home. Both because of barking situations like this, and also because GSD's are master escape artists. A 6 foot tall fence wouldn't keep him in. And, I'd wager, he could scale an 8 foot one if he really wanted. I would, however, mention the damage to the fence. I mean, if this keeps...
I've never heard of insurance on an engagement ring either. I'd totally drop it. The small possibility of something happening to it is not worth the money. At least, not to me personally. $100.00 per year really adds up. That's $1000 in 10 years, $2000 in 20. I could think of more interesting things to do with that kind of money. But, then, we're the type of couple who doesn't do wedding bands or engagement rings. The only ring I wear belonged to my great grandmother....