or Connect

Posts by Sailor

I'd also do their titres. It depends on state law, but some states will accept that over a rabies vaccine. So long as their immunity is still up.
To be honest, I think it's because people don't evaluate what they truly want. We all grow up with the model: get married, have kids. In recent years, that model has changed to: go to college, get a job, get married, have kids. The people who don't follow this model are looked at oddly. And they get questions like "when are you finally settling down?" Or "when are you two going to have kids?" I think a lot of people take that model and apply it to their lives without...
Contact a lab specific rescue. They will be able to help you. I'm involved in GSD rescue, and we have cases like yours too. The specifics vary, but we do get people who surrender their dogs to us because of extenuating circumstances. Things happen, after all. The lab rescue will come to your home, evaluate the dog, and pick her up. You won't have to do anything. So, just find some in your area, and give them a call.
I sort of like the conveinence of having things open everyday. That way, in case I forgot something or need something, I can run out and get it. I'm speaking in terms of grocery as I don't shop often for other things. I lived in Florence for a year, and it was like that there. By 6:00PM, the streets were empty. Except for the tourists who were like "ahh, what happened?!" lol And then Sundays everything was closed. On top of that, there was some sort of weird business...
Quote: Originally Posted by _betsy_ The family would have said (and probably did say) the same thing about the dog that almost killed me. Unprovoked. Even on leashes, some dogs are too friendly and owners too self-absorbed in public places. My dog is a working GSD. SAR is search and rescue. He wouldn't have been accepted into the program to train even if the possibility of him doing something so severe existed. Before that we did Schutzhund,...
In the mean time, Bendaryll(sp?) is safe for dogs. It can calm down the itchiness. I'm sure there's probably some natural remedy for this, but all I know is Benadryll as a temporary aid in severe itchiness.
Ah, gotcha. That makes sense. If I had a cell phone, I might use that method myself to scare some owners. I come across a lot of ... questionable/argumentative owners in rescue. My dog is never off leash in public places anyway unless we're in training. And then he and I wear a special best that says "I'm in training, please don't approach me." Which, legally, is OK if we're training for SAR. Though, it makes us look extremely dorky. Usually when we hike and camp it's...
Sorry, I'm just curious, but how does animal control show up in time to catch the person with the dog off leash. Say, you see my dog and me off leash. Call Animal Control, but by the time they get there, we're long gone. I'm just not really sure how that works in reality. I've called Animal Control myself, but only in situations where they can get there before said person leaves. I'm involved in rescue and unless you know the person's name and address ... Animal Control...
I got my period at 13, and it took a long while for it to regulate. That's totally normal, IMO. I'm shocked a doctor would put her on a pill when she JUST started. To me, that sounds like a huge overreaction. Honestly, I'm not a medical professional ... so I don't want anyone taking my advice and something going wrong. But, I really would not put a young girl on hormones so early. It's just not necessary, providing there is nothing wrong. My period took 6 months to...
Ah, this is my life too. I also use my bathtub for these purposes. My freezer is filled with food for the dog only. Nothing else will fit.