or Connect

Posts by Sailor

Yes, mix it up with the treats. Sometimes you have one, sometimes you don't. Make the petting and the praise the "treat" when you don't have food. And make the praise a BIG deal. As if the dog just did absolutely, positively, the most amazing, wonderful thing in the world. Also, when you do the NILIF, do you have the dog earn the petting as well? This worked wonders with my dog - I never pet him until he went through a serious of commands, first, in order to earn the...
Proper etiquette is to always offer to pay at the end of the meal, if not for the whole thing, then just for yourself. But, it's only polite to offer once. It's considered rude to fight over the check. I have ALWAYS offered to pay for myself, to go halfers, or to just pay for the whole dinner. Sometimes I was taken up on that offer, sometimes not. It didn't make a difference to me either way. Though, mainly, I prefer paying for myself. I definitely do NOT think men...
I think both my partner and I had discussed EVERYTHING under the sun, even before we had sex, let alone committed out lives to one another and decided to try for a baby. Our first few dates were more interviews, with both of us taking the other's inventory and trying to find the red flags. We spoke all the way from politics to personal goals to circumcision to parenting. I think I fell in love with him then - when I knew he was as serious and rational at taking my...
Timberwolf Organics is another good one. But, honestly, it would be cheaper just to feed raw, and better for the skin. Look up the BARF diet.
The thing is, your dog still needs to learn that he is LAST in the pack. As in your kids are before him. His behavior towards your kids is totally normal of a dog that thinks they're his playmates, or that they're his toys. Are your kids old enough (or one of them) to feed the dog? You should get his bowl, put his food in it, put a cracker in it. Have the dog sit and stay. Have your child hold the bowl, and eat the cracker from that bowl while the dog is watching....
Quote: Originally Posted by beanma what is the benefit of raw vs cooked? I personally think cooked is a waste of time. With raw food, the dogs get the most nutrients, and you don't have to exert extra effort to cook for another being. In terms of sickness - the chance is so very slim, and it happens so very rarely, that it's not even a worry, IMO. The chances of a dog dying or getting sick in just about any other way are far greater than...
Quote: Originally Posted by sebarnes FWIW, I think that Twilight itself was not well written, but it was her FIRST book. I thought "The Host" was her first book? Or did she write Twilight, then The Host, and then the rest of the Twilight books? Anyway, I do agree with you - I think it's in very poor taste for a writer who has such a fan base and popularity to state something like that about another writer. It's really unnecessary. There are...
Quote: Originally Posted by abimommy I first read them because Alan Rickman is hot I really enjoyed them though. Me too! As far as I was concerned, Harry could have died in Book 1, and the whole rest of the series could be all about Severus (and therefore Alan on the big screen, lol).
Quote: Originally Posted by Oriole I find it interesting how different people define good writing. * I'm not sure I understand how can I be a bad writer if I deliver a good story in written form. The kind of story that you can't put down. That's a skill, and Meyer certainly has that skill, she knows how to grab attention of the reader and keep them turning those pages, isn't that what good writing is about? Her language is far from perfect, but the...
I think you should move on from the relationship. He doesn't sound very respectful, and this relationship doesn't sound healthy. If you fear that he will hurt you, do NOT confront him alone. Either break up with him in a public place, or bring a friend with you. If he has a key to your home, change the locks.