or Connect

Posts by MysticHealerMom

hi, megadosing IS self-medication, which should be avoided, at all costs. the only time you should take anything, ANYTHING, in excess of the recommended dose is under the case of a physician and in THAT case, you are not megadosing, nor self-medicating, but using a medicinal dose prescribed by a physician. that covers the dosages of medications that are required in large doses to be useful. In the case of lithium and the like, you need a prescription, a doctor to...
thanks for your replies, Mamas. No one asked what I wanted, but I'll tell you, anyway. I wanted to be a writer. But, I didn't have anything to write about until recently. I wrote in my journal, and I wrote conversationally, I type really fast and I hand-write legibly, I think, but really large. I don't tihnk spelling counts for beans as long as they point comes across. I don't bother coloring inside the lines. One day I hope to write something that touches...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gale Force Hi Lori. Interesting. I don't understand the pyroluria/omega 3 connection. Does the condition cause you not to metabolize it? Why would it be toxic? I assume it's the omega 3 you are most concerned about in terms of "self-medicating" and "megadosing" since the current rec is something like 4 grams of DHA+EPA for depression. Do you think this is a bad recommendation outside of pyroluria? Are there other...
everyone else, thanks for sharing. you can be the thing you want most. there's a reason why you want it, even when the obsticles seem insurmountable. Lori
Quote: Originally Posted by teacup MysticHealerMom, your post made me want to cry. Very sweet. I wanted to be a writer. I am an editor. I could not have done anything else but work with words. (Of course, I wanted to live alone in a flat in NYC and wound getting hitched and knocked up and stayed in the midwest, but who's counting?) yeah, who's counting. besides, it's quality, not quantity, or something like that.
Quote: Originally Posted by alicia622 This is going to sound completely corny, but I always wanted to be a middle class SAHM. I grew up poor although many of my aunts and uncles were not so poor and I dreamed of having a nice house and caring for my family. Infertility kind of put the plan off for a decade or so and I am currently trying to figure out how to work out the SAH part. Getting there... hang in there Lori
Quote: Originally Posted by MerryOne A lawyer, and I had the opportunity to have it paid for 6 years ago and turned it down and dh has been offering for the past 2 years to pay, but I'm unsure of myself (truthfully I have little faith in my ablity to complete law school ) Do it. You already have everything you need. The world needs competent, honest, centered lawyers. Not doing it, when it's it, and I don't know if it's it, you do, is like...
when you were a child, did you tell yourself what you wanted to be? You didn't have to tell anyone else. maybe it was different than what you told other people. it's ok if you don't remember it. but, I want to tell you a secret you may already know. that was real. you told yourself your vocation. it may not have been a 'real job', but, part of the vocational part was figuring out how to make it 'real'. that's the definition of vocation, a calling. when you were old...
I was poking around on some other threads and I just wanted to add some clarifiers about self-medicating, because you can really get into trouble if you make assumptions without proper diagnosis based on adequate testing. I know we like to believe that nutrients are relatively safe and we should be able to supplement if we feel we need to, but I'm starting to actually lean toward regulation of some nutrients because of the potential for unintentional abuse. and I can only...
Or maybe I mean, how. I'm not saying this is the cause of PMD (perinatal mood disorder, aka: postpartum depression), I'm saying it was a contributing factor to me expressing it. It's a genetic condition called pyroluria. There is some good information at alternativementalhealth.org (I believe that's it, google will bring it up, sorry not to provide links, I usually like to do that.) There is a deeper reason/cause, but it requires more detailed explanation and a path to...