or Connect

Posts by Anastasiya

Hi crunchy mommy, what kinds of symptoms did you have, and still have?Some people just don't do well at all on compounded thyroid. Maybe you can switch to Erfa or Acella?There's also Armour, of course, and Naturethroid, but both have cellulose as fillers, which binds to the hormone.
I have five kids, and all refused bottles. DH had to get really creative with them and eventually, it worked. He would do a "sneak attack" and try to feed them right before they would awaken from a nap, when their eyes were still closed and they didn't know what they were sucking on. To do this, he'd usually put one of my shirts (my smell) by their face, and run the nipple under HOT water so it was super warm and inviting against their cheek. Or he would hold them...
I would love the Abiie stroller because, when I'm out and about with my five kids, it's difficult having to find a spot to change the baby and bringing all the others with me. Having a changing place in the stroller would be wonderful, since I wouldn't have to take them all with me to the bathroom every time we go places! It's got to be tough being a kid at the park and knowing you've got to go find a bathroom with Mom and Baby Sis, when you don't even have to go yourself...
It happens. I hate it. Just give him special attention for awhile, affirm him, and touch him a lot.
Pretty sure that any soy at any time is bad. Other foods (like broccoli and Brussels sprouts) should be thoroughly cooked and eaten in moderation when hypo, but soy is one where it's just a "no" food altogether. I don't know about the capsules. Armour has microcrystalline cellulose, too. I have heard of people opening up the capsules and dissolving them under their tongue. How far out are you waiting before eating anything with iron, fiber or calcium? More than 2-3...
I would try B6 and magnesium. Google PMDD and magnesium and check things out...
Armour was reformulated in 2009 and now contains cellulose, which makes it harder for your body to break it down to get to the hormone. On the link someone mentioned, stopthethyroidmadness, many people got better results from chewing it, crushing it and swallowing it with a bit of honey, or trying to dissolve it under their tongues. Lots gave up on Armour altogether....oh wait, I just read that you're on compounded desiccated. Well, it depends on who does it but sometimes...
I love diapering cheaply. Our first diapers were 30 FuzziBunz and I thought with the cost they would be diapers I could use for all my kids. NOT. They lasted a whole 8 months on ONE child before snaps started popping off, legs started wicking and elastic started wearing out. I was horrified! I have never been interested in prefolds because, quite honestly, I don't like the look of snappis (they look uber uncomfy to me) and I despise pins. I also hate all fitted covers...
Too bad you can't offer them all as skins so each user can pick his/her own. I'd love to see a light purple.
Also on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/71846517/fire-king-lustre-milk-glass-two-handled