or Connect

Posts by Anastasiya

I usually take care of the sick kids during the day (unless vomiting is involved-DH will clean that up for me and I'll clean the kiddo), and at night I do the opposite of what most moms do. I have a real phobia of being with sick kids at night and I don't know why (not wanting to wake up being vomited on, perhaps) so DH sleeps with the sicklets and I take the couch.
I am doing sinus rinses, yes, and taking 10,000 iUs of D3. Hot chicken broth, honey lemon teas, yep. Woke up today after a nap and now I've got a double dose of pink eye, too. Sore throat is worse and my glands hurt. Just gave up and started crying.
Someone PLEASE give me some helpful advice here....I'm still relatively new to the whole natural solutions to illnesses thing, and I don't know what I can take while pregnant.   I'm on my 5th week of a cold, or perhaps different colds, one after another. As soon as I start to feel like I'm getting better, I wake up worse again.   My nose is running mostly clear to light yellow, but only light yellow upon waking. I have no fever, no body aches or pains, just...
Hmmmm. Toddlers!   Like I said, my almost 2 year old is, sigh, non verbal. His ways of communicating are a few signs (drink, hungry, more, milk, cheese, etc) and pointing and whining. There is absolutely NO POINT in trying to help my son say words for the things he wants because he is a headstrong little guy and will refuse to "perform" for us with words.   Anyway, the things I do in your situation (and so many are SO familiar) is to engage him with what I'm...
I actually agree. I too, think they are silly, though I totally get the reception being adult only when the cost of the kids might really throw things out of budget.That's one of the nice things about Catholic weddings in a Church, with a Wedding Mass. You can't refuse attendance, because by its very nature the wedding is a public sacrament, so the public is, by default, invited whether they got an invite in the mail or not. Sorry Catholic brides!
I agree that your expectations are waaaay high. Sorry, mama. Ours are 18 months apart, then 15 months apart, then 23 months apart, and soon to be 24 months apart, and when things get crazy DH and I remind ourselves and one another that these kids did not choose to have siblings so close in age to them. That was our choice. And we aren't going to make them suffer the loss of their babyhoods just because we wanted to add another baby to our family sooner than most...
I take no issue with those who choose to have adult only weddings and receptions SO LONG AS the couple doesn't take issue with those who choose not to attend. Putting limits on guests sometimes limits the guests who can come.
Pretty much all forums are like this. And you yourself used EC in an earlier post....took me AGES to figure out what that one was, back in the day when I was new to all this! ;)  
 Baby boys are born with their foreskin fused to the head of their penis. It's supposed to be attached. By retracting prematurely you can break the attachments, cause bleeding and scarring, not to mention pain. That's why retraction isn't necessary.Also, the reason the foreskin is "adhered" is so it can protect the penis from harsh urine burn and feces. Helping him to retract, ESP while he's still in diapers, isn't going to do his penis any favors and could introduce...
AF= Aunt Flo (period) EWCM = egg white cervical mucus BIP = basic infertile pattern DS = dear son / darling son EBF = exclusively breastfed BLW = baby-led weaning Hope that helps! You'll also see things like NFP natural family planning POAS pee on a stick (take a pregnancy test) BFN and BFP big fat negative / big fat positive (pregnancy test) BD baby dance (sex) BF or FF breastfeed or formula feed STTN sleep through the night CIO cry it out DD dear daughter DH dear...