or Connect

Posts by Anastasiya

Wow. That's a tough one. If it was just any old name that your mom didn't like, I'd be telling her what a PP said. She had her chance with her kids and she needs to get over it. HOWEVER, I can really, truly understand why she's hurt. If she's as sensitive as you say she is, and you are as close as you say you are, then I am sure she is grieving that you chose to honor your DP's mother over her. She's not seeing it as just your dd's name, but a statement of preference...
 Right at about 3 months all mine went from pooping daily to pooping weekly. I've heard that's pretty common.... Oh yeah, and that once a week poop was an EXPLOSION when it happened!
  What about mentioning the new circ vs intact stats? That her son may likely BE teased if he IS circed? Also, I would tell her that in lots of boys who are of an age to be teased, the foreskin is already retractable, so any time he needs to pee in public with his peers, he could very well be able to pull the foreskin back and look just like them anyway. They wouldn't have a clue. Of course, this is all not 100% certain (neither the circ stat facts nor the...
We've always told them where the food comes from, and make it real and very matter of fact. Sometimes even humorous.   Real: Yep! That's a chicken. Mommy's eating a chicken. And yep! That's a cow. Daddys' eating a cow.   Matter of Fact: Yes, we eat chickens. People grow chickens, then they kill them, then we eat them. No, this chicken does not have a head. They cut the head off. Yes, the feathers too. And the wings. And the legs.   Humor: Why do they cut the...
I agree. There are always exceptions.   I never said exclusive breastfeeding "will" work, I said "can", mostly in agreement with Karen and Aislin's posts.     Originally Posted by North_Of_60   
We love our bucket for all the reasons WifeofAnt stated (post 41).   We tried to get by ONLY with a convertible seat for baby number 2 and regretted it. Now we go the bucket-route for the following babies. For one, he hated being carried in the sling. HATED it. He was the only kiddo I was never able to wear. :(   I also didn't like the thought of taking my sweet, warm baby out in the chill and having to buckle him into a cold seat. There were lots of times we...
Well, all I can say is that these baby food threads always used to amaze me, because I had children who refused any types of solids till well past 11 months! So I never pureed, purchased or pre-chewed baby food until my latest one came along, who loved baby food.   My third did not willingly accept any food till he was 14 months, so I must also say that yes, the supply and demand of breastfeeding can keep up and fully nourish a baby into his/her first year, assuming...
 The only thing I have time to comment on at this point is there is a fundamental and often overlooked difference between the fallen and fallible nature of man - this includes our pope, bishops, etc., - and the perfect and infallible teaching nature of the Church, when our Holy Father speaks definitively on issues of faith and morals. In these two areas of faith and morals, the Church, guided and protected by the Holy Spirit, cannot err. That was Christ's promise to...
Yep....   Anastasiya, in my case, is pronounced ah-na-sta-SEE-yuh, not an-uh-STAY-shuh. So yeah, pronunciation matters sometimes. :)   Quote:   And OP, can you give your first daughter a middle name now, before she's too old to realize she doesn't have one? I ask only because I can imagine that if I didn't have a middle name and my siblings did, I would think that my parents didn't put much thought into naming me. FWIW, I also have several un-middle-named friends and all...
Gotcha. So you mean you want to discuss why people agree or disagree with the Church's teaching on contraception, then? That makes more sense. :)