or Connect

Posts by Anastasiya

I don't know dosing, but we also used melatonin to reset our DS's sleep cycle. I can't remember how old he was....two maybe? It did wonders, and after about a week we stopped using it.   I do know that there is some controversy surrounding it, with one side effect being that it can cause depression the next day. I never noticed this in DS.   I do know that it helps induce sleep but doesn't KEEP a child asleep, so if she's in pain she may continue the night waking...
This whole month we've been sick, and I am getting irritated to the point of being driven insane by it all.   What can we do? I feel like I'm going crazy, really.   It started with colds no one could shake....three week colds with no fever and no real coughs, just congestion, runny noses, nighttime cough from the postnasal drip, and tiredness. As soon as the colds were about over, coughing began. Now that the coughing is slacking off, every kid has woken up in...
I guess, after you just posted all you posted on the Church's teaching on reproduction and contraception (all of which I 100% agree with), I don't understand how we can discuss the morality of contraceptive use when it's clearly immoral.   Get what I'm saying? It's like saying the sky is definitively blue, and then opening up the floor to debate why it might be red.    

When I think about all the times I locked my bedroom door as a child, it was not so much because I wanted my personal space (because I had my own room) but because I wanted to spite my parents. Kind of a "screw you" attitude. <-- Can I say that? I knew they couldn't get in and I knew I had control at that point.   I also don't think it's fair to assume Ruthla's punishment was arbitrary. She never told us WHY her son locked himself in the room. Perhaps she had told...
 You're right. Indirect abortion.
 The Church never permits artificial birth control or sterilization, since the INTENDED and DIRECT result is only to prevent pregnancy.The Church does, however, permit use of hormonal birth control to treat OTHER problems even though the UNINTENDED and INDIRECT result might result in a miscarriage. In this way, it is no different than using other medications to treat a person's disease which also have the UNINTENDED and INDIRECT result of causing miscarriage.The "ectopic...
 This is not the Church's teaching.While it can be more prudent and self-sacrificing to practice NFP or abstinence while using hormonal birth control to treat a disorder, it is not required any more than it would be required for a chemotherapy patient to abstain from sex in order to not accidentally miscarry conceived children.
  I had no idea what happened to you, annettemarie! How horrible, and I'm so sorry for that trial and the anguish you are going through now. To be quite honest, if my DH was of another faith, I would not hesitate about the vasectomy, only because I would know that it would not be against his conscience and that he would be doing so out of love for me. He would not be bound by Catholic teaching. Of course, I would also tell him what the Church believes regarding such...
I think you did great, OP.   Very reasonable.