or Connect

Posts by Anastasiya

QUOTING slippy here: "I agree that this might be less of an issue if the OP hadn't told the daughter that if she dropped out of the class she would have to pay for it. It is sometimes the hardest thing to do to "stick to our Nos" but I don't think that it is any less important. We have to be really careful about the consequences that we lay out for our kids because I really believe that we have to follow through on them, even if we regret the threat. I need my daughter to...
 I would make her pay, but not the full amount. At 8, she probably doesn't understand how much the whole amount is, anyway, but yes, I would have her pay for something. Whether that be half of it all, or just the cost of the recital outfit, or half of the outfit....whatever. But I think it's important for you to stick by the consequences you already laid out. I think it's wishy washy parenting to define a consequence for an action and then rescind on it completely (I see...
 See, I don't consider lying around exhausted and not wanting to talk anything worth medicating over. That's par for the course with illness and fever.The ONLY time I medicate these days is if there is intolerable pain...like horrible teething, earache, etc. Never just because someone's sick and has a fever. FWIW, the highest we've had here is 104.3, and brain damage doesn't even start to occur till 107. A healthy person's body won't let a fever get that high, anyway.I...
The only thing I would have done differently is let the fever run its course without preemptively striking with the meds. But then again, I'm okay with 103 and 104.0 fevers, HOWEVER I've got several kids so I'm not in panic mode nowadays like I was with my first! I've always heard to judge the child by how they act and not how high the fever is, so if my child is utterly miserable with a 101.5 fever, I'll medicate, but with even a 104 fever I'll let things be if the...
  My 22 month old has three words. That's it. But he understands every single thing I say, and he's a very smart little guy. Just immensely stubborn.
  Fwiw, I just did a Google search on dribbling after peeing and the first few things that came up said it was common in kids with juvenile diabetes, like a pp said. Hopefully that's not it, though. I'm wondering, if he drips ten minutes after a pee, how his undies aren't wet?
 And therein lies one of the biggest problems with infant circumcision. Baby penises are tiny, and foreskin isn't "extra" skin. It's all there for a reason. The urologist had no way of knowing how much foreskin will actually be needed to accomodate your particular son's ADULT erection. So while it may all look like he "did a good job", only your son will know once he's grown whether or not it's a "good job". "High" circumcisions can result in painful adult erections,...
I too, find it sad.   They've made a spectacle of him in spite of the fact that what he does is not spectacular. I would never have THOUGHT to write a book about my dress-wearing, tutu-loving, nail-polish-painting 5 year old, for all the reasons the above posters mentioned.   Now "Princess Boy" has become his whole identity and what happens when he doesn't live up to it anymore?  
My guess is that she's just using his ear infection (which was probably entirely preventable in her mind because of the "ear infection" vaccine ), as a way to discourage your non vax decision - telling you that there's a whole lot more he could get sick with now, too.
 Cutting oneself with something old and metal has nothing to do with it, really. Tetanus is found mostly dirt and and manure, and I read once that it's even in the dust on our furniture. Pretty much everywhere.