or Connect

Posts by Anastasiya

We have the Graco Duorider and I wouldn't trade it for anything (except for a jogging stroller I can't afford but covet). http://www.amazon.com/Graco-DuoRider...7520072&sr=1-1 We started off with a tandem, and I hated it. It was like pushing a bus. After a few months of that, we got the Duorider and it's my fave (though I'd prefer a side by side jogging stroller with pivoting front wheel, but no $$$ for that right now). Things I love about the Duorider - Easy, super...
Quote: Originally Posted by nursing2mom Don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but I am desperately seeking a water bottle for my daughter's lunch box. I need it to be leak-proof, but easy to get the cap open. Our current water bottle drips when on it's side. Can anyone tell me if they've used the Sigg or Kleen Kanteen in a lunchbox? Thanks! We have the KKs with sport tops - and when the top is closed, we get no leaks.
I've always just made a tiny little knot on one eye, then guided the needle back and forth so that the same length of thread makes both eyes. It takes more time, but it's the only way I've ever thought to do it. Then end with a knot on one eye, a small one so it's not noticeable, then add a few more back and forth sewings between the eyes, just to give the knot more stability, then poke the last stitch into an eye and pull the thread through some random spot in the bird's...
One more thing - check Vitacritter too: http://www.vitacritter.com/
Quote: Originally Posted by Sancta I used food coloring on our woods (and they turned into a BRILLIANT color - blues, yellows, greens, reds, etc.). First I boiled water in a pot, then dropped in the wood only for a bit - otherwise the water can misshape / warp it. The boiling water opens the pores in the wood so it can absorb more color. Then take out the wood, let most of the water evaporate, and add it to a vinegar bath plus however many drops of...
Quote: Originally Posted by goylesgirl Definitely awesome!!! My girls are still too young to care much about furniture, but you are an inspiration for me when they get older. Where did you get your "blanks" for the dolls? I have been looking for something like that for a while. Here they are: http://www.achildsdream.com/handwork...g_supplies.htm Scroll down, you'll see them....Took me FOREVER to find them. They are a bit taller than the Plan...
Quote: Originally Posted by Miss Information That is the most fabulous, creative, awesome thing I have seen in a long time. You are so talented and I'm uber jealous. I have the same dollhouse, but have been buying furniture sets. I've been wanting to make some, but I would never have put together things the wa you have. And you have paid attention to the details. So wonderful. How did you make the little foodies? The salad and the hamburgers? And...
I used food coloring on our woods (and they turned into a BRILLIANT color - blues, yellows, greens, reds, etc.). First I boiled water in a pot, then dropped in the wood only for a bit - otherwise the water can misshape / warp it. The boiling water opens the pores in the wood so it can absorb more color. Then take out the wood, let most of the water evaporate, and add it to a vinegar bath plus however many drops of food coloring desired for the right color. Some I...
Quote: Originally Posted by NoliMum What is "Vitrelle"? In the description of the Corelle plates, that is the finish that keeps them durable. Vitrelle is the description of the three-layered glass Corelle is made with. It's just their "term" for that...their mugs however are stoneware. And the finish is glass as well - the dishes are heat tempered to be break resistant. That's it - so they are 100% glass.
You all are so sweet! I just had way too much fun. Quote: Originally Posted by Grayson's Mom One question... What did you use for the filling in your pillows and such? The cushions are just fabric folded over cotton batting - that's the stuff you put in quilts, right? I think that's what it's called (batting). And it's definitely NOT the icky batting (polyester?) but the real cotton stuff. I used three "sheets" of batting for the cushions,...