or Connect

Posts by Susan123

wherever you took the lesson, i would be raising h!ll with the management of the place. do a search on toddler swim lessons and you'll see the huge raging controversy about dunking kids during lessons. the aap and the red cross have made statements against these horrible types of lessons. they need to find a new instructor and a new philosophy of teaching swimming at the place your child took lessons, imo. meanwhile, i think the idea of the water tints and keeping it...
My DS *LOVES* the play silks he has. I think they're perfect for a two year old. They are his absolute favorite toy.... and he has a lot of pretty good toys, but those are the thing he plays with the most. He also really loves his small wagon and his musical instruments. A lot of boys we know his age are really into cars, but he's not so much, so that might be a good gift if your son is into cars. The rocket sounds like a lot of fun too.
watch out for the raisins though -- i would personally watch any child carefully when they're eating raisins, because a lot of times kids stick raisins in their nose for some reason. They can get lodged up there way up high and require a doctor to get them out, possible infections, that kind of thing. I still don't give them to my 2 year old, but I do let him have them when other people offer them now, but that didn't start till he was 2 years old.
To be honest, I think most people just like to talk about themselves. So I would probably respond to their advice in these situations by just asking them follow up questions and letting them talk. For example, to the person who said "Set up a sticker board for potty training, it worked really well for me" I might act interested and say something like "oh, what was it like" and then they would maybe describe the rewards or the illustrations they used or whatever, and...
I saw a tv special on Kid Rock once years ago and downloaded some of his songs off napster way back when. I thought he was cute and funny, and I like his voice. He definitely has a "rock star" image and maybe that lifestyle too, but he didn't seem dangerous or violent to me at all. I don't think he's been arrested or anything like that... just basically what other posters have said, that he likes to party. I imagine he'll calm down with that now that he's got kids though.
I say please and thank you and I expect my son will too one day.... but for now I'm just SICK of please and thank you. Especially please... since all my son's friends moms starting in on withholding food and drink from their kids until they say please at about 18 mos old!! Now these are verbal kids so it worked ok for them, and for now anyway they don't badger my ds about it, but I'm not going to be that happy when they start... the kids in this playgroup are all just...
My mother told me she would put something on my thumb that would make blisters break out in my mouth if i sucked my thumb. I was hysterical, and still think about that threat now, almost 30 years later. I don't even know if such a thing exists, but it certainly existed in my nightmares for many years. So, my only moral of this story is to please not put yucky stuff on her thumb btw, I think the need for braces might just be genetic, but I've never researched it......
My DS, and actually almost every toddler we know, has a "late" bedtime, usually around 10 PM. I think it just works better with modern life. And like someone else said, I like that we can all go out and he doesn't get tired before we're done eating or whatever. My DS doesn't have anywhere he needs to be that starts earlier than about 10 AM, so why get up early? The one family we know whose kids do go to bed early... her kids get up at 5:30 or 6 AM. By the time...
I had my first child at 35, and I'm 37 now and we're trying for another. We're not completely ready to have another, but we feel a definite sense of being "in a hurry" since I'll be 38 when the next baby is born if I conceive soon. Unfortunately it is harder to get pregnant this time, and is taking longer.... might be the age I think. On the other hand, I don't feel too old to raise children at this age. I can see the difference between the way I do things, and the way...
I wouldn't personally water down v-8, since I think it tastes really yucky watered down (to me) but some people like it over ice, so I guess that adds some water and they seem to like it, so maybe it's just me that doesn't. I think it needs to be it's pure self to be tasty I bought some for my ds for the veggies, but he wouldn't touch it... better luck with your dd!