or Connect

Posts by hhurd

Dryers are a HUGE energy suck, at least where I live. I love my drying rack, which I can move outside on sunny days.
My ds is almost 8 and he just learned to ride a two-wheeler after years of trying. He's one of the last in his peer group, and I think that encouraged him.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mosaic I use Census data daily for work, and I think people underestimate how helpful it really is. I don't have names, I don't have birthdays, nor do I care. But, here's what I can tell you using census data:travel time for all US women to their nearest mammography facility. Where to cite new facilities to best serve at-risk populations or areas that are rapidly growing in population The number of people and households...
Quote: Originally Posted by wemoon people who are anti-government, say, anarchist, would rather that people took care of themselves instead of the government getting involved. Like, when a road needs to be fixed, it is a community that does it, not the government. Thus, people do not want to be counted in a census for a government that they do not believe in. Rhetorical question...then why do they still live in this country? There's been a...
I wouldn't confront a childhood bully, for many of the reasons stated here. The bully was a child, and they can't change how they behaved in the past, so what would be the point?
Quote: Originally Posted by meemee any squirrel who is willing to walk up to two rambunctious boys and allow them to be petted deserves to be 'honoured'. ultimately it is your philosophy. but me - i would totally honor the specialness that is happening. you didnt go after the squirrels. the squirrels chose you guys. *shrug* i am not big on disease and parasites. that would not stop me. i would take the precautions taken for touching any...
Mad Bomber hats (rabbit fur lined with ear flaps) are super duper warm.
Quote: Originally Posted by BetsyNY That age spread is kind of crazy, honestly! Yes!
Quote: Originally Posted by VisionaryMom To that end, I think the word "bullying" is overused. Like anything, it will lose its effectiveness as a descriptor of bad behavior if it's used too often. An aside but I couldn't agree more, especially when I've heard 2 year olds called "bullies" when they were just acting their age. Or when a child is called a bully when they don't want to play with another child. Back to the thread...
The only one that's kept my interest is the Manic Mommies. It doesn't have an AP focus, though...