or Connect

Posts by JenniferKSwan

www.foodyoucaneat.com is a great website. When you register, you eliminate the items you can't have. After that, sign in and you can search a variety of recipes minus the offending items!! Good Luck!
Who? DS Age? 17mo yesterday What? Wheat, barley, soy, eggs and peanuts. Suspect sulfites in wine (we used to cook with), possibly MSG (but it could have been wine for cooking) and oats. Avoiding tree nuts, legumes and peas. How long? Had skin test last August, been discovering more along the way and confirming by accident some of them. Wondering about Celiacs because of the wheat, barley and oats issues DS had severe eczema exacerbated by his food allergies...
From a parent of a child with multiple food allergies, including that ever so lovely peanut, I can't begin to tell you how much better I would feel if more parents did art projects as opposed to handing out candy. One could wish that is what the future would bring but since I live in an area of one yuppy trying to outdo another yuppy, I can at least look forward to it at his parties. Prior to his birth, I worked at a Jewish Temple and was very involved in the...
My son also has multiple allergies, though not nearly as many as your son It is very rough at first, but I can tell you are doing better already because you feel like it is providing you with some answers. My son's allergy diagnosis helped us to understand why he was not thriving as well as his eczema. So even though it's a smack in the face at first, it's somewhat of a blessing. Anyway www.foodyoucaneat.com is a great site for finding recipes. When you register,...
Even if you exclusively breastfed, food allergens could still be an issue. Remember, what you eat, your baby eats. On another board I belong to exclusively for eczema, many of the posters have mentioned that uncovered parts of their children's bodies are highly likely to "rash". Chlorine is also a trigger too. You may want to try purchasing a few gallons of spring water and try to bathe him in it. If the eczema clears then you may want to invest in a filter for...
Quote: Originally Posted by NiteNicole My baby was 8.10 at birth and 9 something around 12 weeks. She had reflux, was resistant to meds, and then caught a cold which caused her to lose weight. I was aware she looked thin and sickly and I heard about it from well-meaning (and sometimes just nosy) people all the time. I eventually stopped trying to explain myself and just started saying, "Yes, she is small, isn't she" and walked away. Otherwise I would...
A vacation or a skin test may be your best bet to find out if your pet is the answer. Be warned though, it can take up to a year for the dander to totally disappear from your home. It could still be the formula that is causing the issue (this is not me advocating soy - we try to avoid it at all costs in our home). You may want to find an allergist and do a skin test. They are not always reliable, but could possibly give you a starting off point. You may have to try...
We have had good luck with calendula cream from the health food store. We also used Burt's Bees lotion (until we found out it has wheat which ds is allergic too) and a variety of Kiss My Face products. Essentially, anything that didn't have alcohol or high fragrance. For our son, we had to cycle through a variety of creams otherwise his skin would become accustomed to them. So you use one for 2-3 days, switch to another for 2-3 days and then either go to a third cream...
Wolfmeis Thank you! Did I list off my diet early in this thread, yes. Do I hope it will keep DS#2 from developing allergies, yes. Do I think there is a snowball's chance in hell considering our history, I just don't know. I only hope if DS#2 does have allergies that they will be similar and not opposite of DS#1's.
I have been wondering the same thing and hope to have my answer in a few months LOL My son Aiden is allergic to wheat, barley, soy, egg and peanuts (we aren't sure yet about tree nuts yet). With this pregnancy I have tried to eat a variety of things - no excessive wheat consumption (tried to balance with other grains and rice). I have avoided peanuts (something I didn't do with my first pregnancy - in fact, I thought peanut butter was a good protein substitute...