or Connect

Posts by helen_emily

Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Well, it still holds. Since you spend your time caring for others, you're more likely to get a false 2 result. But if it fits best, aside from the negative stuff, then you're probably just a really really healthy 2. Hehe how flattering... I have as much to work on as everyone else I know if you ask me! I think my personality led me to nannying though and not the other way round. : This thread...
Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie welcome sugaree! a lot of people do the bc/acv on their dreads without problems. many say the acv really helps it to loc up. okay, so today i was driving around town... and you know when you're wearing a long flowing skirt and the hem gets shut in the door so it's visible outside the car? well, I had that... but with my dreds that's awesome.
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Pretend like you don't have kids and take the test again. I read that moms often get an inaccurate 2 result. I don't have kids! I'm a nanny, started coming here when a mama I work for recommended MDC! I mostly hang out in the dreadlock thread The Two type does seem to fit me the best out of all the options. I did the MB test recently and scored as an INFJ, the description for that seemed a...
Hmmm... I scored highest for type 2, the "Helper". Maybe with a 1 wing (...?). It fits in some ways but it's also kind of annoying! The type description says that 2s fear loss of love most... relatively accurate but it sounds so needy, hehe. I am more afraid of losing the people that I love, not that they'll stop loving me! The negative sides of this description don't fit me at all though... I'm not a flatterer, and not at all possesive (I can't stand jealous behaviour...
This thread is so funny! Quote: Originally Posted by Sailor I'm a bit of a recluse and totally asocial. ...So, in order to amuse myself, and not be utterly bored, I make up my responses to those inane "getting to know you" questions. I try to get as outrageous as I can, but still be believable. I've been everything from an exotic dancer to an astronaut, lol. I think that's awesome! I have a friend who is "in a band"... whenever he's...
Just popping in from New Posts... I have no idea who Tallulah Bancroft is... I love this name! I know two Tallulahs - one is my baby cousin (Tallulah Moon, her parents are super crunchy hehe), and the other is a wonderfully feminist mama. She goes by Tui (too-ee) for short which I like a lot, a little more unusual than Lu and it suits her well. It seems like a very strong name to me! Good luck with choosing! ETA Let us know what you go with! I always wonder about...
Sorry for bumping an older thread! Spughy, I also wanted to say thanks for your great explanation of TF. My DP has quite a few health problems and the more I read about TF, the more I think it could be the direction we need to take with our diets. I've been having trouble summing up my new fascination with TF in such a concise way. I hope you won't mind if I email your post to him
I recently started using the "sock bag" system and love it. Now our socks hang off the back of the closet door (in their bag) and I can easily grab a pair out. I try to pair socks straight out of the wash - but for some reason DP's socks always go through seperately so I just stick them in the relevant bag. I then tip them out and pair them about once every three clothes washing loads, or on the weekends if I haven't done it before then. I do the big washing on Saturdays...
Quote: Originally Posted by earthzizu I've had my dreads for almost 4 weeks, so they're still pretty new. Here are a couple photos: I've wanted dreads for about 15 years now. It's been a long time coming! There is no wax involved (all natural), with backcombing, palmrolling, and the crochet method. I've been spraying my hair with: Water Sea Salt Essential Peppermint Oil Essential Patchouli Oil P.S. Helen, I like your hair...
Hehe the creepy-crawly question : The big scary spiders are pretty harmless (not that that makes them any easier to deal with hehe!), the only spider you really have to worry about in brisbane is the redback. They're pretty small - just keep your outdoor furniture free from webs and maybe check underneath things that've been sitting around outside or in the garage before you stick your hand there. The only snakes I see in the city are little white-belly snakes and green...