or Connect

Posts by Sarahbunny

Queenjane, I wouldn't do it if your dd is 1. We did dd's when she was 6 months, it was a breeze with no crying at all and she didn't seem to care one way or the other. But when she was 1, I foolishly changed them to little mickey mouse earrings we bought her at Disney World and then she was very interested in them. I really wish we had just left them alone but she did get used to them again. I just think at 1, it would be much more difficult. I already felt that way at 6...
Sell them? I don't understand what you mean.
I personally would be much more concerned with alcohol usage than drug usage, for the most part.
Our domestic adoption cost approximately $15000. Maybe a tiny bit less. Application fees, homestudy fees, classes, fee for recommendation, C had her own social worker completely seperate from us, we had our own social worker completely seperate from her, some minor expenses, post placement fee (for filings, court things, etc). Some things were sliding scale - so we paid more because others couldn't. Most was all the same though. I mean...it's a non profit...
Hmmm. I'm thinking that you being proactive would be best, but I guess if you didn't hear it directly from her bmom, then that would be difficult. Not that you asked, but if I were you, I would figure out what day/time would work best and when it does come up, tell them when and where. And maybe have one backup time available as well. And I would discount the actual two holiday days entirely and do what you normally do. Like don't make either of those days an...
Are they thinking that they will be staying with you???
Quote: Originally Posted by KayleeZoo Just to clarify- a woman who is using drugs while pregnant has a right to bring a child into the world, but when she doesn't want the baby after birth, someone who would love that child more than anything and provide him/her with a wonderful home and life shouldn't be permitted to adopt the baby? Am I following your line of thinking accurately? Yes, what should happen if a woman decides not to parent after...
PMG, I only wondered if you were thinking trauma (which does sound quite hysterical as a word) meant more of a ....screaming, kicking, total meltdown freakout of sorts. I just wanted to say that trauma could just mean something much less obvious. That's all.
Quote: Originally Posted by pumpkingirl71 Thanks for all of your help I am really shocked at how vulnerable and naked this thread has made me feel. Sarahbunny, J is four. Her birthmother spent a year in jail for neglecting J, so the pregnancy is pretty minor compared to that. But I was able to see L in a positive light because she was clean and her life was on track. That made me happy to arrange visits. This pregnancy is just one sign that she...
How old is J? I'm sure you've said it, but I can't seem to recall. I think if she is asking for a visit, then you should try to get a visit. Not doing it because it is uncomfortable for you is not a good reason to refuse it, in my mind. If she is asking, then I think unless there is a really good reason, you should try to follow through with it. Would you be willing to elaborate on why you are feeling traumatized by her pregnancy? I can't tell if it is something...