or Connect

Posts by Flower of Bliss

We have a low king size ikea bed.  It's very easy for my 16 month old to climb in and out of (about chest height for her), and low enough that I don't worry about falls at all.  DD3 (16 months) sleeps exclusively in our bed for naps and bedtime.  I'm no where close to ready to move her elsewhere.  DD2 (4.5yrs) sleeps in her own bed in her own room, but frequently climbs into our bed next to DH part way through the night.  That seems to be slowly tapering off, and I'll...
That's so funny Prettyisa, I'm quite happy to be done with pinks and purples and moving on to blues and greens. I love blues and greens. I'm sure there are a million little onsies I'm happy to purge, but there will be many things I'm not yet ready to part with.
   Thank you both.  I'm the oldest of 3 with 2 younger brothers.  Pre-kids I always assumed we'd have both genders, and I was certain DD3 would be a boy (not so much and I wouldn't change a thing about her for the world).  The idea of getting rid of the baby girl clothes that all 3 of mine have worn is sort of heartbreaking, but really I'm looking forward to meeting our son and the adventure of raising another little person.
 Lol.  We had it prepared by a doula (who I need to call again).  So when she arrived with everything prepared, she showed him.  I was super early postpartum and supposed to be really limiting trips up and down the stairs.  He was doing pretty much all food prep etc (bedrooms up, kitchen down).  I don't know that I ever even saw the frozen pieces.  He said it was really no big deal, but he was handling already prepared small frozen pieces and putting them straight in the...
Last time I did 10 days of smoothies and had the rest encapsulated. I still have a handful of capsules in the freezer. I took them for 3-4 months and was upset when they started running out. Next time I won't take as many a day for as long so I can take them consistently for longer. The smoothies were no big deal. DH fixed our sort of standard smoothie (strawberries, banana, mango, pineapple, spinach, yogurt, almond milk...), and after pouring out for everyone else he...
Just found out this week that after 3 girls we're having a boy!! It'll be a whole new adventure. I'm browsing boy clothes and trying to get excited about it. I keep thinking "What will I do with a boy?" My mother suggested that it might be more "What will your boy do with all of you girls?" Lol. I've loved having all girls, but really I'm pretty excited. I suspect this is our last pregnancy, and I'm glad we'll get to have a son and the girls will get to have a brother....
17 weeks with #4
DD1 - 4-5 hours from "I think this might really be it" to baby in arms.  It was a hospital birth, 38 weeks, compound presentation with 4th degree tear, no meds, no heplock, no epicut.  I did have a local for the extensive repair.  The stitching was definitely the worst part.   DD2 - 6ish hours, 40weeks 1 day.  It was a homebirth.  I was terrified that I'd have her before everyone arrived, so I called people to come pretty much as soon as I was sure I was in labor.  I...
Well, I was going to say I've always worn Hanes bikinis while pregnant.  I often buy a pack or two a size up, but generally I've been able to wear my regular size the whole way through.  Guess we'll see, but so far I'm still wearing them.  I've never done maternity underwear.
I've never told DH in a special cute way. For the first 3 we were in the middle of fertility treatment and he was aware of each step. With this pregnancy I put my hand on his chest as he walked a crying toddler waiting to nurse whose diaper he'd just changed and said "I'm pregnant" then I lay down and nursed DD3 back to sleep while he lay with me processing the shocking news. He said I looked like I'd seen a ghost. Then he got up and went to work. I greeted him at the car...