or Connect

Posts by Flower of Bliss

I believe there is a big difference in being medicated for the birth and medicating during healing afterwards. During birthing I want to be able to feel my body, feel the urge to push, and be able to stand, walk, get on hands and knees, etc. I believe (though im rusty on this) that the amount of pain medication that is past on to the nursling is significantly less than that of an epidural. And a sleepy baby after birth can sometimes struggle with the initial nursing...
DD1 was a compound presentation and her little elbow gave me a 4th degree tear.  The birth was medication free, but I had a local for stitching afterwards (definitely the most painful part of the birth), was on vicodin briefly and 800mg of motrin for weeks after.  DD2 was a 2nd degree tear and a homebirth.  I think I took arnica and otc motrin.  The afterpains were the worst, and I took Motherease for those.  DD3 was just a few little skidmarks and no stitches.  I took...
I took a pregnancy test Thursday, which was 8+weeks by LMP and light up immediately.  The positive showed before the urine got to a test line.  This pregnancy is our first natural conception and was very unplanned.  DH and I are both pretty shell shocked.  I told him immediately after taking the test and he said I looked like I'd seen a ghost.  I went in Friday for a blood test and they did a dating ultrasound since I was so far along.  Baby measured 6w 3d (much more...
This is my first natural conception. Very unplanned. I didn't take a test until 8 weeks from lmp and I was beyond shocked to see a positive. DH said I looked like I'd seen a ghost. I have pcos and typically have very long annovulatory cycles. I'm nursing a 13 month old. My fertility clinic likes to see past patients if they conceive naturally, and I wanted to get my progesterone checked and a dating ultrasound and don't have an ob, so I went in for blood tests last...
This will be my third home birth. My first was born in the hospital, and my second two at home. I'll be using the same midwife from my last birth, who I absolutely loved. I've never been able to labor in the water. I'm always unbearably hot while birthing and the water always makes it worse.
Yes, you can continue to BF while on progesterone.  I nursed DD2 till about 20 weeks into my pregnancy with DD3 and was on progesterone for much of the first trimester. I'm beyond shocked to be pregnant with #4.  This is my first natural conception.  DD3 is only 13 months.  It makes me so sad to think about losing my milk supply soon.  She's still so tiny.  I nursed my older girls until 27 months and 33 months.
A bilibo is a fun idea.  I may do that.  Fancy edge scissors are another thing we don't have.  Those with colorful paper and a glue stick would be a great "school box" for her.  Thank you :)
I have 3 girls, 6yrs, 3yrs, and 2months.  The 6 and 3 year old are great friends and play together plenty.  We have tons of play kitchen things, silks, dolls, doll house, bike/scooter, blocks/magnatiles, a swing set, and so on.  I have TONS of idea for Christmas gifts for my 6 year old, who is hitting all sorts of new phases/abilities.  I have some simple ideas for my 2 month old so she has some gifts without creating clutter or spending lots of money.  I'm absolutely at...
Loving the confessions thread here.  My confession is that after very very minimal research, I bought a Boba from amazon that arrived today.  When DD1 was a baby/toddler, I was very active in our local babywearing group, and very familiar with all of the options.  I have a collection of carriers.  I have both a gauze wrap and a mei tai, but I'm just really not a fan of all of the length (I'm only 4ft10in), and I find them to be a hassle for frequent in and out.  I love...
Birth control:  I have PCOS.  All 3 of my kids were conceived with clomid.  My cycles are typically long, irregular, and annovulatory, and as a result charting really stresses me out.  I really don't want to consider hormonal bc or an iud, or condoms.   I doubt we're done.  I think there's one more baby in our family.  We've always said a surprise baby would be quite welcome.  But I fear a 12-18 month age gap between #3 and #4 would send both me and DH over the edge.  I...