or Connect

Posts by sweeetpea

BTDT.   When we moved into our house, he had "his room".  All his stuff would go into his room.  The rest of the house was neat and tidy and cleaned regularly.  Over the next few years, his stuff overflowed from his room, to the bathroom next to it, to the laundry room and garage, to the family room, to the bedroom, to the kitchen and dining room, and finally to the kids rooms.  My oldest forbade him from putting anything in her room, ever, but he did it anyway,...
Yesterday, my STBX called and asked if the kids wanted to have dinner with him - he was making a yummy dish they like.  They all said yes, and I planned to take them over to the house at 6.   He called at 4:30 and asked (stated really) if he could being the dish over to my house and have dinner here, as he doesn't have enough clear space anywhere to serve 4 people.  Not wanting to disappoint the kids, or deny them time with their dad, I agreed.   I know I did not...
I birthed my first at 34 weeks, in the hospital.  My second was 39 weeks 5 days, also hospital.  My third was 41 weeks, 2 days (thanks, kid!) at home.  my HB MW supported me with lots of counseling about nutrition, hydration, herbal remedies for pre-term contractions, etc. 
Update from very old thread!  It took a while, but we finally made the move.  I rented a house not far away, and had friends help move while the kids were at school.  I picked them up and took them out for ice cream, after which I told them the news.  They were excited about the "new house" and eager to see it right away.  after the novelty wore off, my teenager was furious, as expected, and is still the one who holds it against me the most.  My younger ones are much...
I never ate any sort of seafood (except maybe lobster) or sushi until I was in college.   I went skydiving twice when I was 19, then gave it up.     I still have never been scuba diving, but my older son wants to do it, so maybe there is still a chance...   I flew in a helicopter when I was maybe 10 or 11 years old, but never since (sort of the reverse of this question)   I had a friend growing up who had never seen or been on an escalator until he was 17...
I am a Wet Coaster, transplanted to the East Coast and I say sneakers for all athletic shoes (except hiking boots).  My east coast borna nd raised kids do too.
I resisted Facebook until my teenaged DD got a page.  One of my rules is that she had to "friend" me, so I can keep an eye on her Facebook activities.  I know she can do the custom blocking, but so far, has not.  Interestingly, I have reconnected with some friends from high school and other friends that would have just dwindled away had it not been for Facebook messages.  I am not on it a whole lot, and I keep as much personal info out of it as possible.  I don't list my...
Google the term "emotional incest".  Your DH and his DD have some serious inappropriateness in their relationship.  Your DH is allowing her to supplant your physical and emotional position in the family and undermining you at the same time.  You are right to have a problem this behavior.  However, it is highly unlikely that he will ever acknowledge that it is a real problem and he is actually causing her (and you!) real harm by treating you both in this manner.   How...
A good friend of mine dated and married a single mom with five kids.  They are very happy together and have a good life.  It *is* possible.  :0)  
I am sorry your doc did that to you.  This also happened to me with my first - many years ago before ACOG came out with its notice that most episiotomies are unnecessary.   DTD was very painful for me afterward as well.  The sensation you are describing, like something was blocking the opening is spot on.  That is exactly how it felt for me.  That pain, coupled with sleep deprivation and hormone-related dryness made DTD a very rare thing for quite a number of months....