or Connect

Posts by torio

While I was pregnant the daughters (4 and 6 yrs old) of a friend commented many times that they thought it was gross for a baby to be born from a mother's vagina and that c/section was better. Once our twins were born they saw me nursing DD and DS many times, often tandem. Both girls were curious and over the course of several months became more comfortable. At one visit, while I nursed DS the 6 yr old sat on the other half of my lap and felt perfectly comfortable taking...
hang in there mama. hugs hugs. try to find some way to be especially nice to yourself for giving so much to your LO.
I'm assuming you're not PG? In any case I'm gonna keep an eye on your thread. AF returned to me 2 days ago--just over a year since our twins were born. I have no idea what kind of regularity to expect.
Hey Mama, I'm in Miami. Not the best shell-collecting beaches (unless you've got micro-nips LOL), but you might post in the geographical tribes areas and ask some mamas near beaches to look for you. I read the article too and loved the idea though we're well past the stage of needing them.
While I'm sure it's not included in the official pump instructions, you can pump into any clean (ideally sterilized, especially for storage) container. The companies would love to sell you more accessories, but they aren't absolutely necessary and aren't always even what works best for everyone. BTW, my brain is also completely birth/BF--addled so you're not alone. I can't remember anyone's names anymore. Good thing this website includes our signatures on each msg! LOL
Quote: Originally Posted by Alpaca Wacka Actually, I leak milk from a couple of spots right by, but not actually ON the nipple as well as the nip itself. I always figured that this was fairly normal. I'm sure we have milk glands all around the nipple-on the sides, at the tip, ect. Wow, I have this too. I never thought of an extra nipple, but I do have a bump on the areola that's a little bit bigger than the other bumps. It's definitely a spot...
I've never had severe engorgement and had milk come in 2 days after our twins were born. Our twins have been EBF, at least until they started on solids--they're 1 yr old now. I'm can ALWAYS spray some milk if I try, but only feel moderate fullness (and a little leaking) if we're a little late for a BF session.
Quote: Originally Posted by Maggirayne Oh my! My DD loves to switch, and I wondered do twins do it, or do they have a favourite boob all the time. You answered my question! actually, do they switch places or lean over each other? Or are you 'blessed' enough they pass your boobs back and forth? (I have a crazy imagination, and I know kids are crazy! ) Oh, they lean over, under and try against the laws of physics to get through each other. One...
avocado, sweet potato, pear, whole grain oats, everything whole & wholesome DS wanted EVERYTHING we ate from about 8-9 mos. He first ate several pages from one of my books. When he threw up and we found all the tiny bits of printed page we figured maybe he was ready to try some solid food. DD, his twin, started on the same foods, but was several months behind in having any interest in anything other than BM. At 1 yr they both have robust appetites for almost any food...
Steph, Wow. How amazing--supermama! XO to you and both LOs! Cynthia, Has Tijn started walking recently? When my LOs were starting they just didn't sleep. Even if we got them to bed they'd wake up walking like clumsy zombies on the bed. During the day--forget it. It calmed down once they were walking solidly for a couple of weeks. Elusive sleep. I feel like we're incredibly lucky to (most nights) get the kiddos to bed around 9pm. They wake around 8am. But that is a...