or Connect

Posts by torio

I'll be returning to work in a few weeks and am BFing (on demand) twins who will be 13 mos old at that time. They've begun eating solids, but I don't want to risk letting my supply decrease as we plan to practice child-led weaning and both babes still nurse a lot both during the day and night. I have a breast pump and know that I'll need to pump for about 15 minutes approximately every 3 hours. I will only be at work for 5 hours, 3 days per week including driving time. I...
The book is not for everyone, but then, what book is? I liked that the book addressed clinical issues w/o insisting that every twin pregnancy is fraught with complications. And I liked that it also included less scientific info, like the personal stories from real people. I didn't find this book 'fluffy' or coddling, but rather is was focused on the positive--that having twins really is something special and that it's possible to birth healthy, full-term twins w/o a...
mytwogirls, congrats to your bipedal LO! Our twins began cruising at 7 mos. Both took first steps at 11mos and began walking like crazy about a week later. Now if only I could get them to wear shoes when we're outdoors. LOL.
Happy birthdays to Owen and all those upcoming! Many thanks to everyone who's sent kind thoughts about our job situations. Lots of sunshine for all the camping and parties. Calm for all the new teeth. xo
Another vote for Weleda, especially the calendula diaper care.
Mine too. All of our board books are gnawed at the corners. One day DS ate several whole pages out of one of my books. We decided maybe it was time to let him try some solid foods. He loved that, but still likes paper too.
Quote: Originally Posted by GathererGirl No more than me. My 10-week-old has been bathed 4 times...maybe 5. When our twins were little we frequently cleaned the cheese-zone (neck folds) with water, but bathed less than once a month. Now that they're 1, walking and playing outside in the mud, they bathe more often--maybe once a week at most, but still it's often soap-free. Even gentle soaps dry skin and hair. They've always smelled good in spite...
Glad to hear the poo made an appearance. FWIW, corn syrup isn't good for anyone, especially not a little babe. Good for you for hanging in there and trusting your instincts!
Clay, I feel your party dilemma. We didn't have a party for similar reasons. We had actually planned to, but friends went out of town, family has too many feuds or is far away. Long story, not worth repeating. Jillian, aren't those little butt cheeks so terribly cute on the potty?!! I can just see your little guy's slim bottom falling in. So cute! My two keep fighting over who gets to sit on the potty. Unfortunately they both also want to open the lid and put hands,...
laneysprout and AnnD, so glad everyone is okay. phew. I would love to switch from our rear facing Graco buckets to the Britax carseats that we bought with baby shower funds. But they don't fit rear-facing in our car ('95 Volvo sedan). It's the largest car I've ever driven so I can't imagine what kind of monster vehicle is necessary to use those car seats rear-facing. DS is 22 lbs now, but DD is still hovering around 19 so it will be a long time before we're ready to...