or Connect

Posts by torio

We did one introductory visit. We sized up the ped and he sized us up--by this I mean we discussed breastfeeding, care of intact penis and no or delayed vaccination. Our ped is fine with us not doing them. But since we knew each other he was happy to squeeze us in when DS woke up with a weird rash (turned out to be nothing) on Christmas morning! Sometimes an MD is needed so I'm glad we've found one we trust. Meanwhile he's so busy with kids who need medical attention that...
My twins refused to wear babylegs and really it's too hot here anyway. They're beginning to walk now but crawling on concrete, mulch, gravel hasn't had any ill effects.
Adding my Grrr to yours.
Our twins were only 2 oz different in weight at birth and we've always thought they look quite different from each other. At nearly a year they are 22 and 19 lbs. I get asked all those same questions, but then there are some people who completely baffle me by asking how I tell them apart?! Or they'll insist that they must be identical (even though one's a girl and the other's a boy) LOL.
congrats on your anniversary willo! My kiddos too are pros at devilish laughter while racing to do the bad thing (knock over lamps, dump out all the dirty cloth dipes, eat something off the floor, throw toys in the toilet that DH left open). DD loves to climb to the top of the big kid playground so that I have to grab DS, climb up and chase her. There are all kinds of openings where a kid could just fall 12 ft down! She gets mad that I won't let her go down the big...
Breastfeeding your babe through the night as s/he wakes will insure that you have adequate milk supply for her/his needs, especially when growth spurts occur. It's healthy and normal. At this age any solids you use to fill her/him up through the night will just replace the phenomenal nutrition of breastmilk with less nutritional substitutes.
My twins are about to turn one too. I know we would love memberships to museums and other educational places to take the kids. In the past I've given the gift of a day trip out with me to children of my friends. I let the place and length of day be the choice of the parents. We plan the trip so that mama and papa get some alone time while their child gets a special outing with me.
Yup, she's just not ready for it yet. At 11 mos both my twins are now eating some solids. DS insists on having whatever we're having! HD started with avocado and sweet potato at about 8 mos after I discovered him chewing and eating pages of a book! But DD would just sit with the first bite of food in her mouth looking terribly uncomfortable. I agree with the PPs who've suggested giving your LO some soft bits of food that she can pick up herself. It will be messy---real...
Quote: Originally Posted by dancebaraka I can't speak to the own room thing, but I can share my experience: My babe sleeps all night long in our bed. She sleeps through several nursings. All and all, it works good for us, but there are rough patches where my sleep sucks (but never hers). When it gets bad, I just institute more rest during the days (although I can't nap to save my life) and dh has to step up his game. It's a sacrafice but it will pass,...
I had NO intention of using a swing, but we had twins instead of one babe--naturally conceived and discovered at 22 wks. I found that the swing was the best way to encourage one babe to sleep while I nursed the other one to sleep. That was for going to bed at night. Naps started in my lap, usually on a boppy. I would often wear both babes for nursing & naps too. Between 2 and 7 months they'd fall asleep nursing in the rocker then I'd transfer one to the swing and the...