or Connect

Posts by G-Dawg

Wow, it just gets worse and worse! I got more info here than I needed to know! lol Washing them in hot water is taking them out! There are dead ones in the lint trap. I will check the books and cupboards. I will cry if they are in the baking stuff. When I was growing up we just had them in the bathroom. HUGE ones. Thanks ladies! G
I have been finding little fuzzy silverfish looking bugs here and there in my house. Today I started to fold the clean laundry that has been building up on a chair on my front room. This is a LOT of laundry. It has been sitting for awhile. This seems to be the source of the bugs. ew ew ew. My question is this - will it be enough to just wash these in hot water? Should I add anything like vinegar to the wash? Would it help? It was so gross to pull out clean laundry...
A little Beagle puppy!!
Thanks everyone! Edamommy wins! She is a little pit mix! We found the owner and had to take her back. It was fun while it lasted. Thanks again. G
Sorry mods! I had no idea there was a Pets Forum. You are quick! G
Today Dh called me from work and told me to put the kennel in the car and come down to the school. There was a little pup, about 8 weeks old. It had been there all day and had no collar. I brought her home and he will be working on who it belongs to. We just were afraid she would be taken to the pound! I am trying to figure out her breed. She is very wrinkly and has a lot of loose skin. But not as wrinkly as a Shar pei. And her muzzle is smaller. She is tan with...
I am a fence sitter as far as public school vs. homeschool. I can see great benefits to each. My dh is a band/choir/music teacher who started at $21,000 a year. He gets stipends that help, but I do believe that we are below the poverty level. I found this article to be very offensive and horrible. DH does a program before school most days, he has no prep period, and he is typically having a student meeting of sorts at lunch time. Freakin' slacker. He also has to...
This was a big problem for my son as well. It seemed like every other bite it was going on the floor. He was older and is also Autistic. BUT every time he threw his food on the floor we would just say,"uh oh, lets pick it up." and get him down and help him pick it up. Hand over hand. Before long he would pick it up himself. Now he doesn't toss his food. I am not sure if it is "gentle" and it is a pain to do but I bet he will catch on quickly. It seems like a...
Bumpity. I have been wondering the same thing.
My dh is at the hospital doing his sleep study right now! We are in the same boat. His dad has to use the c-papp machine. That would drive me nuts! It helped him a lot though. Dh also has a HUGE uvula and he sometimes gets sick and it swells up and actually hangs down his throat. (gag) He is hoping to have some of it removed. I think that is a simple laser procedure where they do a little at a time over a few visits. There is a lot of info on apnea on the net. I...