or Connect

Posts by saphire

Hi!  Long time no post! I'm so happy to see all of you again. I think it's this new moon and springy energy. I think the sun is even going to poke out of the clouds today.   So how is everyone? I see a few new faces too. Hi! I'm Sunny,  a sahm to 2 girls, ages 9 and 11. We homeschool. My 11 yo is taller than me now. I love to run, read, and make stuff. Any kind of stuff. For Ostara, I want to make painted glass egg ornaments...
Good luck Mary and Cari I'm missing all you mamas since I haven't been around at all. I hope I haven't missed out on too much. How was Samhain/Beltaine for everyone?
Redveg, I'm sorry to hear about your doggy. I'm glad to have a sec for a quick catch up! NMM- I hope you are healthy, and that everything is well. Clay- You are doing great keeping it together while dealing with health problems all around and a major home remodel. I think you deserve an award facebook- blah! I hardly post at all, I just want to avoid any confrontations. Last weekend my sis, mom, and I went on a first time ever girls' trip. We went to...
Hey ladies! Life got a little too busy there for a while. I hope everybody is enjoying the first few days of autumn. The girls helped me put out some fall decor items in the house yesterday, so that was nice. Last year I made an autumn flag banner, it's so cute! redveg- it would be so fun to all meet up one day. If I win the lotto I'll spring for tickets and such for everyone. Last October was really hard.( because a friend and her very young ds were killed in a...
Welcome Kierae, NewMoonMum, and Brittee The trip to the ocean last week was a success. We had wonderful sunny weather, played in the sand and built driftwood forts. Good times. On the way back home, stopped at Trader Joe's & got some yummy wasabi mayonnaise ( among other things) and Ikea. Cari- I'm glad to hear dh has a new job. Phew! DoK- sorry you and ds have to go through the hoops trying to get his schooling sorted out. Clay- home looks fabulous...
Yay for BirthDays, new cars, and turkey day plans. Boo for fuss fests (hugs!) sleep deprivation and knuckleheaded people. It's the end of august and summer. I'm really looking forward to autumn.(read thank goodness we won't be working outside all the time) Dh and I have the fence done, and plastered the hot tub last friday. By sat afternoon it was filled with water and we were in it. It is going to be so nice once there is a heater for it and it's not freezing...
Unschoolin- Hope everything turns out ok! Clay- Love your lap quilt idea. I did something similar a couple years ago ( baby shower quilt for my nephew- Had everyone at the shower do a square with a picture or a little message to baby or mama. It turned out so good. Now he's going to be 4 on Saturday!) I used FabricMate markers. They haven't bled or faded. Kinda spendy but if you just get 1 or 2 colors it won't be so bad. I'm sorry about your father's health. I dread...
Quote: Originally Posted by Indigo73 Ack, I've really done it... returning to school. Registered for classes. Can't buy books yet because I am on a couple waiting lists, but it's happening. I could be sitting in my first class in 11 days. Congrats! Quote: Originally Posted by mamaofthree just heard from our Realtor... she has a showing at our house and the person seems really interested! woot! fingers crossed, good house...
DoK- my dd's allergies made her cough nonstop. But it's more of a small throat clearing cough. It used to drive me bonkers. It still required treatment to end though. ( I am so thankful that's over!!) aweyn- WOW! the before and after is stunning. The tile looks great now. And good on you for sticking to responsible cleaning products. I'd love to try out a hard surface steam floor cleaner ( like a Shark) on my floors and concrete countertops. This morning I woke up to...
Aubergine- Happy belated Birthday! The astro/bday info sounds like fun, thanks for sharing Maia- hang in there. Think positive, and if you don't hear from him this evening, then worry, k? I haven't been around to read and catch up- I hope everyone has a good day