or Connect

Posts by Quella

Wild Feminine is a book by Tami Kent. She is a holistic women's care therapist in Portland. I was referred to her by my midwife when I had concerns of prolapse with my last birth. I didn't end up having prolapse, but she is a miracle-worker. She has healing hands, and has answered to her mission in life -- to bless women! I was wondering if anyone has read the book, or even been in her care? I am looking for a potential discussion group (hopefully in person) to...
Hi! I am a sahm to 4 kids, we homeschool, husband has a job in sales (technology) and the current market is very unpredictable/undependable. BUT, he still has a job and we so very very grateful. We take home about $2200 a month. My husband just attended Dave Ramsey Live this past weekend and are pumped! b. Where you are going (our short-term financial goals) - Save $1000 for Emergency Fund -get 6-month food and essentials storage (including TP, essential oils,...
oh, thank you so much for your help. Your words are comforting to me, and I know my friend will really appreciate the empathy. She is pretty worried. Thanks! Any more advice is very very welcome!
Hi, Can you help me? Well, help my dear friend? Her son is 7 and all of a sudden has lost control of his bowels. At first the thought it was because he was just too busy to be bothered to go to the bathroom. But he says he actually doesn't even know it's happening until it's too late. After many accidents, she had a talk with him. He said he would try really hard for two days to not do it, and it happened both days. She asked me last night what I would do if it...
Wow, you're amazing! Good job for being convicted about your nutrition and health, and putting so much work into it. I admire you. And good job for getting it off your chest, that helps so much in the process. As far as "doing everything right" I really understand you. As much as I love the nourishing traditions philosophy, and we stick to it pretty closely, I have found in our personal journey of health that "health" is made up of much more than just what we put...
I want to add that whatever you do end up with, you have everything you need already within you to make it a beautiful experience. All the love, power, strength, and creation within you to welcome a kind and supportive birth team and environment. It will bless you to use power of positive energy in whatever choice you make! Birth is beautiful, and you are wonderful for giving of yourself in this way! So, I hope for the very best of circumstances, for you to feel...
I was in the EXACT situation you are. (I just gave birth at home 3 weeks ago, 3rd child but 1st homebirth). We have Kaiser insurance, and it would have cost us $400 to birth at the hospital. It cost $2500 for our midwife services, (Kaiser does not cover homebirth except I was able to do my labs--blood draws, any tests I wanted etc. at their lab.) My husband could not understand for a long time how I could justify spending $2500 that we absolutely did not have,...
oh mama. I am feeling much the same. You are not alone....I wish I could bring you some meals. Any chance you live in Oregon? Yesterday my friend offerred to take my kids for the afternoon. The effort it took to get everyone's hair brushed, into clean clothes, shoes, socks, something into their tummies, into the car, buckled, and then my newborn screamed red-faced awful the whole 6 minute drive. When I got there, and got my sweet baby from her carseat, all I...
I just had a baby 2 weeks ago. To give me and baby quiet time, My husband took our three older children to a park in a neighboring city for a few hours, then to our favorite restaurant (yes, it's fast food but we love it because they use local ingredients and pastured beef and have other sustainable practices).It's a little more expensive (well a lot more) than Mcds, but SO much better I can't even describe. The kids were all happy and cheerful, going out is a BIG...
typing w/ 1 hand... my midwife came for our 2-week yesterday. she asked me of me tear was ithcing (it had been a little) and she said that's a good sign it's healing. so something positive to think about. i put coconut oil on it, helps a lot.