or Connect

Posts by somerset

Quote: Originally Posted by Mountaingirl79 We go thru that too, and I like how you described him running from you all day. My dh really really does want a baby as well, but still if I tell him I'm ovulating that day or the next day, he will feel pressured to perform. (Strange considering he is a performer in real life job. LOL) So I've decided from now on mums the word and I will just seduce him without saying I'm O'ing. Heehee. My little secret....
Quote: Originally Posted by BelovedK I don't have any advice. I am 42 and we have the same issues. I even have my own thread about it Please post a link to it; I'd love to read it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Norasmomma Maybe he doesn't need to know that it's the time? My DH seriously freaked out whenever I told him that it was the green light day, he flat out told me that he didn't need to know, although with the baby I am pg with now he did ask if I had a + OPK. Which I did, but I just was kinda vague. IDK maybe that's part of. Some men(like my DH) don't wan to perform under pressure. There of course could be other...
Okay, I just turned 40 in Feb and for the last year or so my DH has been saying we could try to conceive in Aug. So, Aug hits, I've marked my fertility chart, the day was yesterday and he had been running from me like a pig in a slaughter house. This is not the first child for either of us; we each have one kid. My daughter is in college and his son in high school. I know he's worried about money but really with the way my insurance rates just went up maybe it...
Your leaving is a good idea. If she is breaking down your self esteem and you are crying every day you aren't an effective mom for your DS. I am sure your son is picking up a negative vibe about your MIL from what you are going through, children --especially young ones-- are very perceptive. It seems as if your relationship with your DH threatens your MIL's hold on him. You are a good wife in helping him to get a hold of his financial situation -- many people in our...
Hi Dani, I do feel sorry for your situation but I wonder more about what hasn't been said or addressed than what you are saying. I'm sure your MIL might be rough and maybe she doesn't even like you. And you are living there, in her home, which doesn't make for a good situation. I wonder if some of her dislike for you might be misdirected and could possibly anger she has with her son. Like when you said her other "favored" son came to visit with his gf and your MIL...
I agree with MsApricot about finding a Saturday school so the child can learn their culture, heritage and father's language, although I am sure it might not necessarily be possible if you don't live in a city that has a notable Taiwanese community. Or, if possible, you can connect with mothers who have adopted Chinese children. Where I live I have noticed that there are a lot of mothers who have adopted Asian children and in the weekend Korean school a lot of the...
I think you answered correctly; he's just a kid so his forwardness can be forgiven. I'm in agreement with Lanamommymyphd, completely
Although you may not be married to a Korean male you still might want to check out this blog. Kimchi Mamas are mostly Asian women married to Korean men but one mother who blogs there is a white female. Here is her latest blog re-introducing herself. http://kimchimamas.typepad.com/kimch...tion.html#more
Being African American I don't know if I have ever really had the chance to define my race for myself. I don't have the luxury of latching on to an ethnicity, tribe or nationality. I was born in this country and because of my racial heritage my race has been defined for me. Now, I do get a chance to tweak it and modify it. One of the main reasons to adhere to the designated community is that it gives me structure. I have a past, a heritage, a people. I don't...