or Connect

Posts by Quaniliaz

Quote: Originally posted by rachdoll "sustained nursing" Ooohh....I like sustained nursing. And while we're at it, can se get a smilie of a smilie mama nursing an acrobatic tot... :LOL
I haven't read what everyone else said, but just want you to know that I had my 1st at home and wouldn't have it any other way. I think that my not even ever seeing a dr I had far fewer fears than I would have had I gone to a dr. I wanted to do it the perfect way for me the first time. I saw no reason to wait for subsequent births. That said, a couple of midwives I spoke to are limiting the number of 1st births they do - so that wasn't cool. But I found...
Wow! You are so awesome, Emily. Thanks for the inspiration to be more positive!
You're doing a great job!! I don't have time to post something from the book, "Becoming the Parent You Want To Be: A Sourcebook of Strategies for the First Five Years" by Janis Keyser (Contributor), Laura Davis (Author) right now, but it has really helped me to keep things in perspective, and to follow my child's lead. My daughter is the same age, and is pretty much doing the same things that your son is doing. What amazes me is how she (and your son, and other...
Goki - Your son isn't being naughty - he only knows how to express his needs right now. He's probably telling you that he feels icky - and doesn't know why and wants you to make it better. He doesn't understand that he feels icky because he is really hungry!! Maybe try to feed him a little sooner - so say he normally gets upset and hungry 3 hours after the last time he ate - try to nurse him 2 1/2 hours instead...you might be able to pre-empt him from telling you "I'M...
I think I'm going to start putting small cotton and hemp scraps in my compost pile. Thoughts?
You could take pamelamama's online knit a soaker class - if she's still accepting new members - I bet she is. We've just started - this week is dyeing the yarn.
Just wanted to let you know that you aren't the only one nursing a 1+ year old in public. It certainly feels like you might be the only person to ever do such a thing, at times, based upon people's reactions. Generally speaking, I have no problem nursing in very public places, I.E the mall, restaurants, etc. I usually feel more uncomfortable in more intimate settings (i.e. the baby shower I went to last weekend where the only other baby there was drinking something...
I'm pretty sure this means knit 2 stitches, purl 2 stitches to end of row. And then repeat. This will create ribbing. Good luck!!
Quote: Originally posted by lovingit [B if the fabric looks yucky after one cycle in hot, then i don't want it in my quilt [/B] That sounds like a good philosophy. Thanks for all of your advice. Sounds like my initial wash in cold is uneccessary....