or Connect

Posts by mum22dd's

I totally feel for you, you're dealing with something sooo tough! Your little guy is suffering! (and therefore so are you) All I can suggest - because I have excema myself and Im dealing with it now, and it's working - is that you see a naturopath. I waited a long time to go to see a good naturopath because of the cost, I'd say approx: $50 to see him, and then $37 of remedies (which is a lot for me). But it works! A naturopath will tell you which foods to avoid, and...
I was reading a few threads in the forum and I came across a lot of talk about detoxing, especially detoxing autistic children. Can anyone tell me what this involves? I am interested in this for me and my kids, especially one of my dds. I also don't understand the subject of metals. I read some posts where moms were mentioning their children had high metals, and a vax would have made them autistic. Any explainations? I don't have a lot of time to surf the web and find...
apmomto4 - I wanted to know about your ds's speech development. My dd is not autistic, and doesn't seem to have any other developmental delays, but her speech 'quirks' arejust like what you described - no conversation is possible because she is unable to respond to questions, and she often 'parrots' a question instead of answering. I find it really unnerving and I'm wondering if she'll eventually be able to do these things. She's just over 3 years and is fairly verbal....
I’ve spent the last week doing searches on Mothering and google on Sensory Integration Dysfunction. It was thanks to various threads on Mothering that I have finally pin pointed my dd’s sometimes puzzling behaviour as SI issues. I feel bad that she’s already 3, and I only just started reading up on sensory diets. Up until now I thought she was just fussy about certain things. I really couldn’t pinpoint the common denominator to her difficulty in transitioning from place to...
My three-year-old dd is also bilingual like a couple of mums mentioned, and is definitely behind in her speech. She's alsol eft-handed. We live in Italy, but I've created an English speaking environment in the house. So much so that she's started pre-school, and doesn't understand Italian! So the teacher's told me that if she doesn't make major progress by Christmas I should have her evaluated. Her English is behind too, although I'm less concerned because she seems to...
Actually, I also thought that 'troll alert' was possibly referring to my post, but I didn't know what it meant. Even with Apricot's explanation I still don't really know if it was referring to my post or not. If it was referring to my post I really don't want to come across as a troll, I certainly didn't intend on starting an arguement? Maybe it was my mistake posting in 'dads' and not 'amongst ourselves', because it was a vent and not the desire to argue with other board...
please excuse my ignorance, but what does 'troll alert' mean? My brain is a bit on the mush-side at the moment!
Wow, I don't check this post for a few days and look what happens! From what I can see from Proudfofscorpio and Drifter, looks like a lot of dads are pretty similar to my dh! It really makes me smile, the way you guys harp on about the sex thing..ummm..did I even MENTION that in my post? Again, may I ask, where did that come from? Maybe you should be starting another thread. It's very off topic, and have you ever thought, not my case? I thank Motherkins and Mamaduck...
It has taken me literally MONTHS to answer these posts because, well, no time! It actually surprised me to hear from a dad. The sex thing there really surprised me, like have sex a few times a week in exchange for washing the dishes and stufff...did I get that right? That was kinda' wierd..anyhoo.... Unfortunately my (our) situation is a bit hard to describe, like DH is not working full time and doesn't have a regular schedule, so sometimes he's not in the house for days,...
I have done it, and you know what? It was not bad at all, could be done again, just not too often!! I had a long almost 10 hour flight with bad seats, but was near a mum of 5 kids who was very sweet, and her kids entertained my little ones from across the aisle. We missed our connecting flight and the run through the airport, going through customs and getting the luggage and re-checking it was a bit tough FOR ME, but the kids were soooo reasonable! Almost ZERO complaining,...