or Connect

Posts by DalaiMama

i too think that the doctor was referring to amblyopia when he was talking about the breain development bits. I had poor vision that went untreated for far too long as a child. I started wearing glasses when I was 12-ish, but by that time, the vision in my left eye was nearly nonfunctional, and unfixable even with corrective lenses. I can see out of that eye, but my brain has a very hard time making sense of what I'm seeing, and focusing on anything is nearly impossible....
We just relocated to West Boca from Ohio. We have three kids, 7, 4, and 2.5. Would love to meet some local moms!
Thank you for the reccomendations! I will see about applying there.
Hi! My husband has a job offer in the Boca Raton area, and we're seriously considering making the move from Ohio. My son is currently in first grade at an awesome informal school here, and I'm looking for a place for him to go to school in the Boca area, or pretty much anywhere from Boynton Beach to Fort Lauderdale. The school options will be the major deciding factor in exactly where we move to. Any suggestions? Moving three kids halfway across the country is truly...
My first labor was exactly like what you're describing, and boy, did it suck. I don't really know anything else about it, but the hormone link sounds interesting. I have menstrual cramps in my legs like that too, but I didn't experience that kind of pain in either of my last two labors. Maybe you'll have a different experience the second time around?
RIT dye remover.
Quote: Originally Posted by turtlemama77 Still nursing here, too! The nipple pain when dd latches on is pretty crummy, but during the actual nursing it's fine. She's nursing about a billion times a day and a few more times at night with no signs of letting up. I can also still squeeze milky drops out and dd comes off most of the time with a milky mouth. I have noticed in the last week or so that I'm suddenly really hungry and thirsty, all the time....
yep, still hanging in there. I'm not having any pain at all, but my supply has definitely dropped, to the point that about half of the time, Fin gets a bottle at bedtime. But we're stll nursing about 6 times a day, and maybe three times in the middle of the night. I fully expect that we'll be tandem nursing, and I'm glad, cause Fin is still just a babe himself.
Hey there! I just turned 26 and am pregnant with our third babe. Mylo was born just after my 22nd birthday, and Fin was born 4 days before I turned 25. I know what you mean about feeling "young" all the time. I felt the same way a lot with my first... young, unsupported, and isolated, to boot. It got easier, but I really had to make an effort to put myself out there, which was hard for me. I have a great group of mom friend now, and while they sometimes noodge me about...
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaInTheBoonies What if a mother has HPV and gives birth....aren't her children then born with HPV? No they are not. The baby has a natural immunity to the virus when it is born. The only risk related to HPV and birth would be if the mother had warts that were large enough to block her birth canal. HTH.