or Connect

Posts by KellyB

Quote: Originally Posted by sunnmama I agree, CMM, we shouldn't be attacking kellyb....we should be helping her. Kellyb, the dogs need to leave your home. Just get them out. If they incite that much rage in dh, they need to go, for everyone's sake. Seriously, a stun gun is WAY over-the-top for dealing with a dog. Especially for a poopy accident. If he is otherwise kind and decent, great. But your dh should not be living with dogs. Please,...
Our options were to put one or both dogs to sleep, or do something extreme...they were trying to KILL each other...constantly we were at the Emergency Vet. It was a total act of desperation. I'm not defending it, but we were really, truely desperate.
Oh, wow...I guess I probably should have been a little more specific in my first post. My DH has never, ever been even a little abusive to me...emotionally, mentally, or physically. Our situation with the dogs has been culminating over the past 2 years, and we've been looking for a new home for them for almost as long. Long story short, the older dog always bossed around the younger one, and then they started brawling one day. (the younger is much larger than the...
...shocked the dog twice with the stun gun! This happened about 4 hours ago. This struck me as a little psycho. He's beaten the dogs in the past...no real injuries or anything, but still... And now, surprise surprise, they are a little vicious... (We got the stun gun to separate them when they briefly started brawling). I'm scared to let the dogs be around the baby, so I have to leave them in our bedroom during the day, and locked out at night. Ugh... Am I making a...
How to know if your dog is a threat to your child, and what to do about it. (I'm actually dealing with this right now, and keep them separated at all times.)
Quote: might i add, that your story really touched me and put a little faith back into my perception of western medical doctors. i even teared up a little! Me too....
I got curious and looked all through googleland about this. This is a weird situation. If it was a bacterial infection, then antibiotics should have cleared it up (not to mention it shouldn't have lasted for months in the first place...a healthy child's immune systen should normally, but not always, overcome a respiratory bacterial infection like that more quickly.) So, the next most likely dx is asthma. But asthma doesn't respond to antibiotics...which brings us full...
That's so awful! I'm thinking that since you just finished antibiotics, if there are more bacteria still around, then kill the rest off as well... Hmmm....I don't know...maybe see your original doc, and then get a second opinion, as well, if the first doc doesn't seem interested in finding out what's wrong?
Wow...that does make a lot of sense, but I doubt it's ever been proven. I've read most of the papers in the "Family Bed and Nightime Parenting" forum about CIO, and don't recall anything of the sort. But I doubt a study on it has ever been thought of before... I'd guess a big factor, in addition to immune suppression and wet ears, all that snotty drainage would cause a problem....
I'd offer the ticket and something else as well...I'd give her the ticket, and tell her she could call if she found out she couldn't make it. It sounds like you want to be friends with her, and she with you. I don't see any reason why this would be something weird or wrong.