or Connect

Posts by KellyB

Here's their official website: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Regulations...rius/index.asp I'm really hoping this is being blown out of proportion somehow. Between the Patriot Act, the New Freedom Mental Health Commission, and this.... I just want to crawl in a hole and hide. I try really hard to not believe in conspiracy theories....especially not ones involving big buisness, as those are the ones that seem most plausible. I don't believe in aliens, ghosts, vampires,...
I'd listen to your doctor on this one. Runny noses in little ones are just a part of life sometimes. I say leave it be..she'll be fine.
I had been planning on beginning vaxes at one year, too. Now ds is 19 months, so now I'm thinking 3 or 4 might be a good age to begin, as that's when myelination nears completion. (Here's a link on a thread of Gitti's about it, if you're not familiar with it) http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ht=Myelination The problem I'm running into is that the diseases I'm most afraid of are the ones with the most dangerous vaxes (pertussis, bacterial meningitis,...
On one hand, I'm not really afraid of all those little bugs that go around. From what I've read, most bacterial infections are easily knocked out by our immune systems, and most that actually get bad start off as viral infections, and while the immune system is busy killing the virus, the bacteria go crazy multiplying. I really do believe unvaxed kids are a little hardier than vaxed ones, so what might make this other baby very ill might only give your baby the sniffels...
Hi...just wanted to say and congratulations.
Quote: I just think that there is a huge difference between resenting a situation, and either changing the situation or moving on, and resenting a child who didn't ask to be here in the first place. I don't think that mothers who have feelings of resentfulness toward their children decide to have those feelings... I, fortunately, had been a nanny before I got pregnant, so I knew what I was getting into. Some people just have no idea,...
It does sound like you're doing the right thing. Once again, I want to suggest that after the big cleanup they get some hired help once or twice a week with the house. I think it could help a LOT. For the kids, for the depression...
Quote: but don't babies always want their mothers, regardless of how loving the substitute caregiver is? or, do some babies really not suffer when left with others? It depends on the baby, and their relationship with the substitute caregiver, as far as I know...
Your husband's father isn't speaking to you any more because you presented proof that circumcision wasn't medically necessary? OMG! Quote: What a crazy mad mixed up world we live in. Yup.
I don't know if this is a GD subject or a toddler one...I'm going with toddler, as this is (hopefully) a uniquely toddleresque behavior. Ds, 19 months, likes to whack me in the face with his head when he's mad. And he does it *very* deliberately...sometimes several times in a row, making eye contact with me before he repeats it (the initial one always seems to be more of a gut-responce thing). It seems to be an extention of the "back arch" thing most toddlers do when...