or Connect

Posts by KellyB

Is leaving a newborn for a few hours really that un-AP? And at least half of the issue is with the response at the time being counterproductive to AP advocacy, and down right rude.. But I agree that venting is ok, as long as it doesn't turn into a "Oh! I'd never do something like that!" thread...especially when many of the members here would do something like that. (unlike spanking or CIO).
Woah... Try telling it to rap...
Your dh is very articulate, I must say... I like his subliminal sarcasm. Your BIL's last ditch "bacteria/smell/urine" argument really had me wishing I could chime in... Think of how many trees we could save if all girls had their labias amputated and didn't need to use toilet paper after peeing?
Ok...this is kind of confusing, but I'm going to try to sum up what I see this thread as being about, and why I've "sided" or whatever, the way I have. There are 3 people who were possibly hurt in the situation described in the OP. The first is the baby. Now, as I see it, it's questionable whether or not the baby was in some sort of distress, or whether or not this child is going to develop some sort of attachment disorder in the future as a result of the...
concert production (audio engineering and lighting design) ufology child development
Quote: But my point is, that just being surprised or taken aback by someone revealing that they did something that isn't a reality for you, isn't necessarily "judgemental". ITA. But what is judgemental? Is being so "irritaited" that others have to step in to keep some mom's feelings being hurt by you when you spew anger at her through non-verbal communication a sign of being judgemental? IMO, it becomes judgemental when it becomes mean or...
Geez...Is your dh's Dr, Dr Feelgood? That's insane! Something to bring you up and another to bring you down! Isn't that what killed a bunch of actors in the 50's? That sounds really, really bizzare...like a recipe for psychosis, actually...
I had this problem a while back...then one day it magically went away....then it came back. I think my dh had been adjusting some settings within the computer or something... Wish I could be of more help.... On a lighter note, when I first came to this forum I was having that problem. Someone quoted something I'd said jokingly, and put this smilie as their response. :LOL Well, as you can see, it looks quite serious and puzzeling when it doesn't laugh... I'd never...
I had strep a few months ago...whew! I remember thinking "If I was old and frail, this would kill me!" I treated it with lots of long, really hot baths, alternated with sleep...(I *think* the hot baths elevated my fever, assisting my immune system in killing the bacteria). But if you feel like you need antibiotics, don't feel guilty. Strep sucks! I'd say it qualifies as an illness for which antibiotics can be appropriate. I'm personally just kind...
Quote: That said...I grew up in 4th degree squalor. Yep...human poop and pee in most rooms of the house that sat for weeks. You can bet I didn't have friends coming over. My mom would sit and whine about how we needed a housekeeper, but wouldn't just do it herself. I really doubt some minimum-wage housekeeper is going to clean poop that has been in a closet for a week. But what if you'd had a regular weekly or twice a week housekeeper for...