or Connect

Posts by KellyB

Quote: Where did you read that the children had reported their parents? Quote: Originally Posted by OP The final straw was when the children started claiming that their mother was hitting them. They had burises etc. So, who were they saying this to, and why? If they said this to a teacher, that seems like an indirect report to CPS, at least on the part of the older child... maybe not, though...but if I'd told a teacher...
Quote: Do you have any clue how the kids are doing emotionally? I was wondering that, too. (I've been following this thread since the beginning, Btw...just haven't known what to say...) The thing that really struck me was that the kids said they were being abused. Now, that leaves 2 possibilities open, as I see it. 1)they really were being abused (physically) 2)they were so upset by their living conditions they lied about the physical abuse,...
Quote: Originally Posted by klothos let's not forget that people can formula feed and still attachment-parent. As I did and do... : Although I regret it immensely. I was uninformed and alone, without the internet or experienced friends... Not trying to make excuses, but that's the real deal... So, go ahead and tell me I'm not supposed to be here. I already feel like crap.
Ok...it always seems to come down to this. Quote: Originally Posted by user agreement What we are about at MotheringDotCommune. MDC serves an online community of parents and parents-to-be considering, learning, practicing, and advocating attachment parenting and natural family living. Our discussions on the boards are about the real world of mothering and are first and foremost, for support and information and Mothering invites you to read and...
Quote: Originally Posted by shayinme : Thank you for saying this, as a newbie here at MDC, and still learning about AP, after reading this thread I almost wonder if perhaps I have a place here at MDC. I guess its important to remember that not everyone at MDC is a solid AP'er yet (still learning) I have been a Mom for 13 years and by AP standards some of what I did with my son was AP, it was instinctual. Yet I am guilty of having left my son with his...
I just want to apologize to the OP(or anyone else that just feels passionately about AP ideals) for being a little snarky. We're all playing for the same team here...we all practice and advocate AP. For some reason I'm reminded of a string of threads and spin-off thread in FAO a while back titled "Are you judgemental about posters who are judgemental?" and "Are you judgemental about posters who are judgemental about posters who are judgemental?" an infintum.
If it's just for school or day care, why is the health dept. requiring them for babies? Why does CPS want one? Are we becoming desensitized to a gov. enforced mandatory vax schedule? This is really starting to make me mad! The pharmy people and their gov cronies are seriously making me feel like my constitutional freedom are null and void....unlawful search and seizure...the ability to feel secure in one's home, etc. : This is getting totally out of hand. I'm a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Rainbow Well, we did the antibiotics. I don't like them, but what can you do? She is 4 and it was her 2nd time. The first she was hospitalized witha serious infection and hoenstly declining didn't even cross my mind. She doesn't get sick often, but it seems when she does she gets really sick. Poor thing. So, a couple days and she was no longer in pain. She is not constantly complaining about tummy pain now and her...
Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie And, by the way, if anyone would care to go back and look at my original take on this, I said nothing about judging the mother, or about her being a bad mother. I said that letting her know it was OK to bring her baby with her was a great thing to do. I think it sucks that so many moms feel like they have to go against their instincts and leave their baby with other people to meet some sort of societal norm. I...
Live and let live, unless someone's being abusive. Give others the benefit of the doubt. We're not the AP police, you know? God hasn't appointed us with the duty to go around finding non-AP practices of others (or even amongst ourselves) and spew judgemental, condecending disgust at them. This woman isn't an APer...so what. We have no reason to believe she isn't still a wonderful mother, and completely attached ,mutually, to her baby. A few hours away from mom (and...