or Connect

Posts by KellyB

Just sending warm thoughts your way, mama... I'm in Tenn, too... I'm scared to death for you. I felt sick to my stomach reading your opening post. Keep us updated.
Geez, ya'll. This is the reason I'm scared to join my local AP group...I'm scared I'll be scrutinized. This is also the reason I left my old church (well, not the only reason, but one of the main ones). I always tried to convince myself I was just being paranoid when I felt like the people I met were trying to find my imperfections...like I was under the microscope or something. To me, AP is less about not leaving your 2 week old with your sister for a couple of hours,...
I don't know much about asthma, but if you're really worried, get him some Benadryl, as asthma is an allergic reaction, and an antihistamine should help. I'm thinking he's probably allright, though...
From what I've read, when we were kids, Sesame Street was made for the 4-6 age group, and now it's made for 2-5 yo. I miss the old format, as well. But my 18 mo loves Sesame Street...and it has it's good moments, still... I miss Kermit. I really wish I could get and old copy of an episode with Mr. Hooper. On the subject of Elmo, wasn't he introduced around '83 or so as Grover's baby cousin? Anyone else remember that? And the way Snuffy used to be so...
Quote: Originally Posted by tricia80 no sleep for you... this is ur job... Yeah...you make like...$200k a year moderating this war zone, don't you?
Please!
I suggest agreeing to disagree.
So, I guess it would suffice to say that there are those of us that will never, ever leave our children in the car unattended for any period of time for any reason whatsoever, and those that occationally find it appropriate? Did I miss any other crucial point? I think that's it in a nutshell...
Quote: Originally Posted by gothmommy Wonder if you were having eclamptic seizures that they misdiagnosed. Alot of pre-eclamptic moms never are dianosed and YES they can still seize postpartum. But I had my blood pressure checked regularly while pregnant... Could that still be it? I'm thinking it had something to do with hormones most likely. Thanks for your concern, though...
There is a hint of social heirarchy here...I don't think it's avoidable. But we're moms...and mom's get really upset when there's made to feel like bad moms...and then other moms jump to their defense...and then one person feels attacked...and then throw a moderator into the mix and someone's going to feel like it's about the popularity contest, and not the original issue. So... It just snowballs.... Having a post edited is...well...infuriating. Almost feels...