or Connect

Posts by roseoffred

I started out at Anderson with me VBAC, they seemed pretty VBAC friendly.  They did warn me of the "dangers" nearly every visit and won't allow laboring in the water although that may have changed.  They require you to stay for three days PP, which is the other thing I was not in to. I would not recommend going with their free doula service, a good friend of mine used it and was not impressed.  She just wanted the woman to leave.  It is definitely worth it to pay for one...
EDD July 21 st.  We are going to be surprised this time!
My first birth was a fiasco.  Planned home birth, transfer and eventual C-Section.  It has taken me years to feel like I know what happened.  Essentially, I never felt the urge to push but was directed to do so for hours with no progress.  When I got to the hospital they told me I was only 7cm and had a large swelling down near the opening from all of the pushing.  I got an epidural and was completely dilated shortly after but they were afraid that the swelling would...
Hello!  I'm Tiffany, unexpectedly expecting my third.  I have two little boys, Ciaran who will be Five in January and Finnian who is 19mo.  Three was always a possibility for us but I was hoping for a little more spacing.  My 19mo is still nursing (lots at night), I'm not sure how to deal with that.  DS1 was a planned HB turned CS, DS2 was a natural (though rough) hospital birth and I am hoping to finally get my peaceful HB this time around.  Even though is was a little...
    I'm in the same boat.  DS was a planned HB transfer CS.  I had not at all prepared for being in the hospital, no birth plan or research about what they might do.  I would really like to have a HB this time but I don't want to double pay again in the event of a transfer, have no support for it and I am unsure of my ability to even have a baby at home.  That said I dread all of the poking and prodding involved in standard care.  I loved the hands off prenatal care I...
Quote: Originally Posted by bleumoose Nothing so far, although I have given it thought. I kept a blog with my first, but that's not something that's easily kept and passed on when they're older. I do have a backup of it somewhere on my computer... still, not so useable. A friend of mine did this as well and then used inkubook to turn the blog into a photo book. It turned out really cute. I don't blog but I did use it to make a pregnancy...
I'm leaning towards having it be a surprise at the birth. I really really want a girl as this will be our last and I know I will be disappointed if I find out its a boy before hand. However, I'm sure once the baby is here I will be thrilled either way. Also, I read somewhere that women who find out the sex before hand and are disappointed by it have longer labors. I know that sounds really silly and I have no idea how accurate of a study it was so take it with a...
I am! I didn't with my first and had a very long labor (planned HB) which ended up in a C/S. I'm hoping the Hypnobabies will help things along this time and hopefully I will have a successful VBAC. I found the homestudy course on craigslist and I'm so excited to get started.
April 2011 but I've been having the same problem so I figured I'd post. I'm 9 weeks and working on my second migraine. Tingling hands, vomiting, blurry vision the works. Things that help me: Cutting out sugar and eating protein frequently throughout the day. This one is critical for prevention. L-tryptophan, magnesium and Pulsatilla (homeopathic) Alternating hot and cold packs on my neck/head sipping baking soda and water (once the vomiting starts) Tylenol as soon...
Tell me about your VBAC! My last pregnancy was a planned HB transfer (during labor) and C-Section at Clarian North in Carmel. I'm not sure that I am comfortable with another HB but it is still on the table. At the same time, I really hated the hospital and all of the harassment that came with it (forced bottle for low blood sugar, tests, shots and being woken up hourly). I am 8 weeks and I have no idea what I am going to do. I live downtown and I'm willing to...