or Connect

Posts by CookieMonsterMommy

They have listings and different packages.  You can also ask and answer questions, network, etc.  You may even be listed there already (I was before I signed up.  They had some of the info wrong though...for example, they had me in the Bronx when I'm on Long Island).   It's brand new, so still has some glitches.   www.naturallyborn.net    
I live in Suffolk County, but am willing to drive to Nassau for a great dentist.   S/he doesn't have to specialize in children as long as they accept kids and treat them well.  My son is 12 years old and (hopefully) just needs a basic check-up and cleaning.  It's been....a while since he's been to the dentist.    I'd like to be allowed into the exam room while any checkups and/or procedures are taking place. Prefer the white fillings to silver...
you might have read from my earlier post about being hit by a car. i delivered her in my bathroom after starting cramps in the shower. had 3 real contractions and she was in my hands. i keep seeing it over and over and over in my head. she was beautiful...she lived for 2 hours. she even cried twice...little tiny cries. she was perfect. there was nothing wrong with her...she had blonde peach fuzz and james' round little nose and she was just so pretty. ...
Does MDC have a bedrest tribe? I looked for a min but didn't see one. I'm just wrapping up my first day of modified bedrest, and I'm only 21wks2days. I understand it's the best thing for my baby, but that doesn't help to lessen the boredome and loss of independence. My full story is in the Nov 2010 DDC, but basically got bumped by a car and went from a closed long cervix to contracting with a 2cm dilated shortened cervix. Baby looks good, and contractions are...
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that would throw me through a loop too. No need to feel guilty IMO. All of your reasons for feeling uneasy are valid, and I'm sure that the pregnancy hormones are just amplifying everything. Maybe you're being *a little* selfish, but really--that's okay! It's really fine to think about yourself over others sometimes, especially when you're pregnant. Can you share at least some of your thoughts with your dad? Esp. about feeling like you'll...
Thank you all for your well wishes. Yes, my follow up appointment is supposed to be with MFM (maternal-fetal medicine, aka perinatologists). If they cant see me within a week, then I'll see general OB, and follow up when MFM can see me. I don't really care for the MFM there, and my favorite OB is on maternity leave, but...they're really good and the NICU is really good, so that's what matters. Is it selfish to be sad that my homebirth may be out of the question? ...
Welcome! I switched my care at 20+ weeks with my 1st and VERY glad I did!
My thoughts are with you and your family. Best wishes with whastever you decide to do.
Hello ladies. So I just got back from the hospital. Here's the quickest synopsis I can offer: Sunday afternoon I was bumped in the belly/right hip by a car backing out of a spot (not looking I guess). The car drove off, I saw make/model and a Florida plate (I'm in NY) but no plate number. Police are investigating it. Drove myself to hospital which is 5 min away. I'm okay except for a bruised belly/hip and bruised and scraped elbow, but I started cramping in the...
Could be that the heat is making your body want that extra engery burst that comes with sugary drinks/foods. I'm still sooo over sugar. Once in a while, if its something special, I might be in the mood for something (ie, out at dinner the other day I had some of a maple butter blondie that the restaurant is famous for, but it wasn't a craving). Not that I was ever a sugar bug, but even when I'm reeeeaallly in the mood for a dessert, it's not something sugared...