or Connect

Posts by CookieMonsterMommy

Yaaay for perfect little girls!! And yaaaay for mobile placentas!! Woohoo!
I'm 20w2d and I definitely have my sleepy days. The other day I cat napped most of the day, and slept during my 2 breaks at work that night. Then I have days where I go shopping, walking, cleaning, play with my son, then stay up all night (at work) and feel fine driving home. Wish i could pick and choose or at least predict which days are lazy and which are energetic. How's your iron? I've been anemic at times, and that always makes me feel run down.
I had my anatomy scan last week, and what a let-down. The sono tech was late calling us in (and my bf had a Dr's appt shortly after, so this really cut into our time budget), and from "go" she was brisque, rude, acted annoyed that I even existed, etc. So we follow her to the back room, and she tells James that he has to wait outside. What?? I told her how when I booked the appt, I was specifically told he'd be allowed in, at which point she made it very clear...
Despite having not gotten ANY special treatment from my boyfriend on Mothers Day other than a card that I had to literally beg for, I got him a card, presents (GPS, picture frame w/sono pic, and a DVD) and took him and his 2 sons out for a $100+ dinner. I feel kind of stupid, because after all this, he was thanking me, telling him how much it meant, etc, and I said "Well, if you want to cook me dinner or take me out to make up for Mothers Day next week..." and he...
Surprisingly, and kind of sadly, I have *no* feeling in either direction. Everyone at work, and even my 4 year old nephew, is telling me it's a boy, though, so we'll see.....
I'm 19 weeks and up approx 16 pounds. Seems to have slowed down a few weeks ago, which is good. I'm still doing better than with my 1st pregnancy, and overall I'm happy with the foods I've been eating and nutrition I've been getting with this little one.
I'm 17+weeks, and while my work clothes (scrubs) really hide it well, I told my boss last week for a few reasons. #1-I wanted to tell the coworkers that I'm friendly with, and I figured it'd be unprofessional for my nurse-manager to hear it "through the grapevine" #2-It legitimately gets me out of work I shouldnt be doing, like putting placentas or other specimens into formaldehyde or lifting/moving heavy patients. #3-I didn't want to have to take any...
Sorry to hear about your loss, mama. Best wishes.
As an L&D nurse, yeah, I'd say it's kind of a wild card, could go fast or drag on a bit. I've noticed the spacing between babies matters, too. If you're having them very close together, thats when I notice it tends to take a little longer. We (the other RNs and I) joke that the uterus is too tired, but idk what the real reason is. Again, this is just my observation, nothing scientific. If it helps though, I have plenty of 3rd baby mamas who come in 8cm after...
Re: Anterior Placenta. It's possible, but I saw the u/s when we did the nuchal scan, and from what I saw, it didn't appear to be anterior. We got a very clear view of the baby from every possible frontal angle (damn sono too over 50min because the baby was positioned so that they couldn't get a good scan of the neck, lol). I guess I'll find out at the 18wk anatomy scan.