or Connect

Posts by CookieMonsterMommy

Golabki (stuffed cabbages) or stuffed peppers. Basically seasoned ground meat--pork, beef or both--mixed w/onions and cooked or partially cooked rice, stuffed into it's little veggie shell. If you're not keen on meat, you can use sauteed button mushrooms in it's place. Italian rice balls. I don't have a recipe, but I'm sure you can find a good one online. Basically it's breaded rice, served w/sauce and mozz cheese.
Riiiice a RONI, the San Francisco treat! (lol) I've loved this stuff (as in, lick the pot clean!) since I was little and am desperately looking for a way to imitate the yum factor. For those of you who may be unfamiliar, it's basically a rice or rice blend (with orzo or wild rice) with butter and a powdered "sauce" added to it. It comes out salty and creamy and buttery and delicious. Kinda like what hamburger helper does to noodles I guess? I'd like to make mine...
Oh! And shrimp cocktail. (could totally go for some of that right now, btw)
Full time labor & delivery nurse (nights). No idea how long I'm going to be able to keep this up, but seeing as how I'm a single mother....sigh...anyway.... I'm also a doula, but not actively taking any clients at the moment. I teach childbirth classes as well, though few and far between. I try to write in my "free time" but it's hard with all my other obligations (my son, my job, my boyfriend, housework, cooking, being exhausted and nauseated w/the pregnancy,...
Because I am *dying* for some right now. I'm going crazy not getting them. Seriously--if there were a 24 hour chinese take out place within a 30 minute drive, I'd so be in the car right now! ...and I know it's not good for me (even though pretty much no places around here use MSG, it's still loaded with sodium and fat and white starch etc), but dear god it'd taste so good right now. The sad thing? I already ate them twice this past week. Granted, I shared the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron_Low There is no need to take a stance that you are a conscientious objecter. Simply don't amputate healthy normal body parts from healthy normal people. If someone says to do it, ask what is the diagnosis of defect or patholology that warrants it. Ask what less destructive remedies have ben tried. In the very worst case, you will insist on writing "no medical grounds for amputation" or similiar in the medical...
Epsom salt baths or other muscle soothing baths (before the pox errupt, a fever and body aches usually preceed). I wouldn't recommend this after they errupt, as it can be irritating Depending on age, activities to keep busy when away from school/clubs/sports/friends. Cool cloths, gel packs, etc for head/neck when your little one gets a fever Witch hazel (diluted in cool or cold water) can help with the itching, and in preventing infection, as can pure honey and...
Babybell waxed cheeses are quick and portable (also laughing cow cheese wedges or string cheese) Buy a block of w/e cheese you like, presclice it, place in a ziplock baggie with some crackers and yum Grill some extra chicken breast when you make dinner and slice them. When you're hungry, you can: Make a quick wrap, dip them in hummus, top some spinach or other greens for a fast salad or add into some pasta w/butter and garlic. I think it's Barilla who makes a...
No, I get that most women don't know. I understand the need to apply some sort of uniformity and consistancy to pregnancy dating, and I understand the logic behind basing it on the "average" woman. But then why not consider her pregnant 2 weeks after her LMP? Why say she's "10 weeks pregnant" when you, she, and the ultrasounds all say she's been pregnant for 8 weeks? When you know the sperm didn't meet the egg (which wasn't even released yet) for another 2 weeks...
Personally, i think you should meet with them in person. This would leave a much stronger, longer lasting impression than yet another envelope amongst the dozens they receive each day. Not only will you be more memorable than some ink on a piece of paper, but a provider or organization director who feels comfortable with you will feel more comfortable referring his/her clients to you. You may also wish to consider expanding your range to low income mothers of all...