or Connect

Posts by CookieMonsterMommy

Sounds like sciatica to me... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=&oq=&gs_rfai=
Quote: Originally Posted by zinemama For the love of all that is holy, do not get the narcotics! Go directly to the epidural if you must, but skip the narcotic. I'm not talking about effects on the baby, but on the mother. The narcotic makes you fall asleep between the contractions and wake up for them. Unfortunately for some women, yeah. Some sleep for a good 33-4 hours and some get no relief whatsoever. Some itch, some vomit, some get a...
Quote: Originally Posted by TeaJunkie My biggest fear would be trisomy or something fatal that can be carried to term and not survive. I can't do that to DS. (No flames please) No flames here. My thoughts exactly. Trisomy 18 and 13 are my biggest worries. Certain things (like that and a few other severe "issues") I wouldnt/couldnt carry to term and do that to my son, my unborn child, or myself.
Also against Sea World. I can't get behind taking beautiful wild animals and forcing them to do stupid tricks for humans. I have a coworker who took her 18 month old to Disney and cant wait to take her back when she's 2, so that should be fine for your bunch.
In my own experience, babies born shortly after admin of narcotics tend to be a little sluggish and can possibly have decreased respiratory effort (and potentially absent respiratory effort). These will potentially cause lower apgar scores. You can see the effects of narcotics to the baby on the monitor within minutes of administration in most cases. The heart rate becomes flat as variability decreases. That is why practitioners tend to not order narcotics if birth...
I'm going by the day I conceived (only day we had sex!), so I am 8 weeks, 5 days post conception. But technically I'm 10 weeks, 5 days pregnant. Make sense? Didn't think so. No one, and I mean no one (doctors, other nurses, MWs, etc) can explain to me why the heck we consider women pregnant a full 2 weeks before they even ovulate! PS-Demeter! We're conception buddies! We both seem to have made a Valentines baby.
(not incl. testing for you--ie GD, anemia, GBS, etc. Just fetal tests) I'm debating whether I should reschedule my nuchal fold sono appt next week (my bf will be at drill for the nat'l guard) or just cancel it. We "refused" (I prefer declined) the cystic fibrosis screening. I do want to do the anatomy scan around 18-20 weeks to check for markers for trisomies or other serious issues. No, I don't have any family history, but I see too many terrible things at...
If it helps at all, with both of my losses, the symptoms didn't vanish overnight. It took between 3-7 days or so for them to fade. I have excellent days too. That started around 8+weeks for me too. Then I'll have days (like today) where I can't drink or eat anything, and my breasts hurt so much I feel like they're caught in a vice clamp and I just *now* got the energy to get out of bed for more than 10 minutes (and it's after 9:30 pm!).
Sorry to hear that, mama. Hopefully the hospital sono will be more reassuring. Re: the tiny amt of blood in the urine, I wouldn't worry about that at all. We see this all the time at work and dont even bat an eye at it, unless it's combined with kidney/flank pain or other symptoms. Hugs, too, about your marriage problems. I'm having relationship issues as well, and my "partner" can be very distant as well.
The one sister I told, who has some sort of social disorder (literally, I'm not being sarcastic) said something like "ha ha!" but is generally excited. My family doesn't like my boyfriend...he's hurt me in the past, and we fight more often than we should. This is also my 2nd baby out of wedlock (not that i really care about that). I haven't told the rest of my family because I know they'll be negative...I was talking to my mom last week and I said "Guess what?"...