or Connect

Posts by Ragana

I often skip that step, but it's more like stewed chicken then - the chicken cooks in the released fat and juices. I haven't had it burn.
I am Eastern European and DH is very marginally Irish so we don't do St. Paddy's. We did have Szechuan with my cousin Sunday, though! :-)
Tonight was spaghetti, jar of sauce, parmesan and choice of ground beef or sauteed veggies (onions, garlic, mushrooms, red pepper, cauliflower, asparagus). DD2 and sleepover friend put theirs in taco shells for spaghetti tacos.   Tomorrow friends are coming over, so I am planning on some kind of grilled marinated chicken thighs, asparagus, tater tots, and salad. Enough there to feed all the picky kids. Thank goodness I was able to hit Costco, so I have plenty of chicken...
I used to make this, but with potatoes, kielbasa or pork country (boneless) ribs, and sauerkraut (mixed with some brown sugar to cut the sourness). Yum!
Yay, on a roll lately. I've been trying new recipes, and the family is pretty happy about it. It's also giving me a chance to clean out old cookbooks. I'm leafing through, marking recipes, trying some, and then dumping the books that have been on the shelf for ages for sentimental or other reasons (e.g., I used to think I would like to tackle baking, but I actually can't stand it). Some of them just don't reflect the way we eat anymore - sadly, Laurel's Kitchen is going to...
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree with this, plus I would add finding a passion or passions in life.
We have pretty much been relaxed about it. Kids can see what they got if they want, but they haven't been too interested. I usually hand them to DH, who is a teacher and actually understands the results, he says fine, and they go in a file for a while. The kids are a bit stressed during testing week (and the sporadic times throughout the year other assessments are given), so frankly, we handle that with treats - milkshakes, relaxing with a movie, special dinner, taking...
That's good! Be careful - my mom came down with pneumonia this week.
Hope you are better, too, kitchensqueen!   Fri - Ordered in Sat - Friends over so DH made gluten-free beef stew (1 celiac in the crowd), vegan vegetable soup (2 vegetarians in the crowd), and baked potatoes. Most of us ended up mixing all three together - YUM! Sun - I was out all day, so I made TJ's fish sticks/tots and a pot of spaghetti with jar sauce that also served as lunch for DD today.   This week - Mon - Crockpot chicken - probably this:...
Hmmm, scrambling... If I get lazy tomorrow, I can make scrambled eggs. Thx for the idea!