or Connect

Posts by newmom80

I agree with what others have posted re: tasty brands, etc. I would just add that two cheap, wheat-free foods that can replace a lot of your starch needs are potatoes and rice. I use to be a toast and egg for breakfast person, now I'm happy to eat my fried eggs over brown rice that I've sprinkled with salt and pepper or alternatively, I sautee potatoes and eat those with scrambled eggs. We love baked potatoes, boiled potatoes, and fried potatoes. Rice is great as a side...
Does anyone have an organic cotton nursing bra that they would recommend? I am looking for something that will give good support to D-EE cup. Thanks!
We participated in a CSA last year for the first and probably last time. I had very high hopes and signed up in January to make sure they had room for us! It was all certified organic and their list of items they grow was enormous. It was suppose to be for 25 weeks, but they couldn't decide when to start. I had to keep calling them each week in May to see if they were ready to start yet. Same thing when they ended - we had to ask each week when the last week would be...
I'm new to growing plants from seeds, and I'm suppose to start my onion seedlings this weekend. One website I read said that they should be covered and kept in complete darkness until they germinate (7-14 days) and another said to cover them in saran wrap (which of course allows in light), so my question for people who have grown onions from seed before, do I need to cover the seeds and give them regular daily light for them to germinate or cover them and keep them...
I think that sounds very doable. I would start by going to the Fedco trees website and reading about the different types of berries/grapes. http://www.fedcoseeds.com/trees.htm They are a very respectable company! Good Luck!
I make these gluten free oreos for my celiac dh all the time and we both love them. They use cocoa powder which has no soy or dairy in it, but gives the recipe big chocolate taste! Dough 3/4 cup rice flour 3/4 cup tapioca flour 3/4 cup cornstarch 1 teaspoon xanthan gum 2 teaspoons ground flax seed 2/3 cup cocoa 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup margarine or coconut oil 1 cup white sugar 1 egg 1 teaspoon...
Hi Ally, I can totally sympathize with the not being able to cook when tired. Something I try to do to help with the protein thing is keep some "fast food" ready - high quality peanut butter on crackers, yogurt, cottage cheese, a few slices of my favorite cheddar, eggs! (If you like eggs, they can be so great because any way you cook them you are looking at just minutes to a hot meal - I buy 2 dozen a week, and then eat them fried with a piece of toast or scrambled)...
I love ground coriander! I also like turmeric, ground cumin, garlic powder, garlic salt, black pepper, chives, basil, oregano, marjoram, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, allspice, mustard seeds, ground mustard, ground ginger, cayenne pepper, thyme, rosemary, dried onions, and paprika. I have some rare/exotic spices I use occasionally, but all these on my list get used regularly enough that I refill them typically a few times a year. I season nearly everything with a...
I love this website too - www.littleants.com This page in the toys section talks about exactly where all the toys come from: http://www.littleants.com/Haba/habatoys.html I appreciate that so I don't have to wonder! (The owner of the store is a SAHM too!)
Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to know definitively tomorrow evening. I'm on complete bedrest right now, and it's killing my back. The good news is that it seems to be working. I haven't bled any in the last 12 hours. The bad news is that it's very possible I already miscarried and I'm going to find out tomorrow bedrest wasn't even needed. Ugh!