or Connect

Posts by Trishy

Thanks for the advice I've gotten so far. I cross posted this in dental and would love to hear more. We do have DHA and multivitamins, thought I have not been as good about giving them as I should be. I started him on both today and will give it every day. I am also going to go somewhere tomorrow and get the MSM, activated charcoal, chlorella and some vitamin C tablets. Is there some resource that will tell me how much of each I should give him He is extremely picky...
Hi ladies, I posted this last night in Special Needs and was hoping I might get more advice if I cross posted here. Here is the link to my OP: http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=883095
*This is not really a dental question. While the problem came from a dental procedure, my question is about preventing my SN son from absorbing mercury.* So today I took my 2 ds' to the dentist to have some work done. Ds1 is 6 and his dx is AS/ODD. My dentist's office has explicit instructions NOT to place amalgam fillings in my son but, for some reason, they did it anyway. I have found a holistic dentist through the IAOMT who is going to treat him and remove the...
Yesterday I had an ARC meeting at my son's school. He is 6 and in first grade. His primary diagnosis is "most likely" Asperger's syndrome and he is also diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Our last meeting was in August to determine what type of assessments he needed to determine what his deficits were. The last meeting was not that great. I was not prepared at all and did not expect the meeting to progress as it did. They decided to do occupational, speech...
They are not the only people who have input on the IEP. You also are allowed input. You do not have to sign the IEP if you do not agree with it. If you do not think you will be prepared for the next meeting ask that it be rescheduled. Ask, in writing, that all evaluation and assesment results be provided to you at least 1 week before the next ARC meeting so that you can review them and prepare any questions. Go over each assesment and make detailed notes on things...
I am gearing up for ds1's next ARC meeting where we will start to compose his IEP. At our last ARC meeting the school said that because his psychological report said he was "most likely" Aspie and he didn't fit the standard of autism according to their checklist he would be considered developmentally delayed. An array of evaluations were ordered and I received occupational and speech evaluation results to review prior to the ARC meeting on Monday. In the Occupational...
I got 1 mg tablets from GNC and use a pill splitter to cut them. They are chewable and cherry flavored, without being colored. Ds1 usually fights medicines mildly but takes melatonin with excitement. I just call it a tabby, like I call any homeopathics I give him.
My ds1's dx is "most likely" Asperger's but the more time passes I feel like he has some type of PDD instead. Really I would just be happy with a real daignosis that the school system would accept instead of just labelling him as developmentally delayed and saying the servies he receives would be the same. I'm not completely believing that one.
Quote: Originally Posted by LynnE73 This type of mentality is a perfect example of the New MDC and exactly why some of us older members just don't get involved. BLEH! Couldn't have said it any better or nicer myself! Mlec, I'm glad to hear you found an acceptable gift.
Would he ride a special needs bus for sure? My NT ds2 goes to the same preschool his Aspie brother went to. Ds2 rides the same bus that ds1 would have rode if I didn't transport him myself. It has harnesses, an attendant and all of that. The bus does not have AC but I just go pick him up on very hot days.