or Connect

Posts by brenda-sw

My son has Hirschsprungs Disease so I have a lot of experience w/ bowel issues.  I would try Natural Calm magnesium INSTEAD of the miralax.  You have to really play w/ the dose to find out what works.  I would start w/ 1 heaping teasp, 1x per day and see if that does it.  I give my 4 year old 2 teasp when he is having issues BUT like I said he has HD so his issues are diff than most.   Miralax is a nasty drug and I can understand your hesitancy in using it on a daily...
I had a missed miscarriage back in April.  Went in for D&C on 4/12.  Found out I had retained tissue and went in for 2nd D&C on 4/24.  An u/s after that second D&C looked good, all clear, no more tissue. My period returned on 6/2 and I've been bleeding heavy since.  I am starting to really feel lethargic and awful.  Went to GYN yesterday who suggested 10 days progesterone to stop bleeding and hopefully get me back on track.  My normal periods are very regular and only...
Valley is pretty good....not sure if they have any tubs though.  Valley also has a doula program so think that makes them a 'little' more open to natural/holisitc birthing.  I think it is more about your provider than the hospital.  You just have to remain strong in your convictions.  Each of my births was c/s but my midwives let me go 2 weeks late...even w/ the second when I was trying for VBAC.   With my first I labored FOREVER and everyone at the hospital left me...
Well I skipped my regular hot yoga classes this weekend.  I went to a non-heated flow class that was good but definately not as challenging.  I will be on the search for some non heated classes  :( My pediatrician (who is very holisitic, natural minded) did some research for me and he confirmed I should stay away.   Thanks for all the info.  I guess its not that bad...I usually stop hot classes in summer anyway, but my practice has been getting so good and I just...
Thanks ladies...the room is probably kept between 100-105 and the class is an hour.  There happens to be a woman in one of  my class who is close to delivering and she's been taking it 6x per week through the entire pregnancy.  She told me for the first few weeks she monitored her temp after class and it never went above 99.  I am thinking about taking it and temping, but maybe I should just find a Vinyasa class that is not heated, or I think there are some studios that...
I am a fit instructor and p. trainer and continue to work out pretty hard during pregnancy.  I still teach and participate in classes like spin, boot camp, sculpt (modifying when I need to, as I get bigger),  I will also continue to run 5-8 miles a week for as long as I feel good, then I will take it to walking.  We hike alot and I LOVE my hot yoga, but am having a hard time deciding if I can/should continue w/ that.....   :) Brenda (edd #3, 11/10/13)
I LOVE my hot yoga and have been taking classes for years.  Having an internal debate as to whether or not it is safe to do while pregnant.  I've had plenty of preggo's in classes w/ me and seen plenty of pregnant teachers who teach/practice in the heat.  I am reading conflicting things.  I just dont understand why hot yoga might be 'bad' but I can workout outside in heat and humidity and that is OK (of course being super hydrated).   Anyone continuing there hot...
I am also 11.10.  This will be my third!   happy to 'meet' everyone!   Brenda
Thanks guys!  We are staying at time share so we have a kitchen.  My youngest has a GI disorder so we play no games w/ food and we will pack a healthy lunch to have in the park and I will probably cook most of our dinners too!   Just ordered Thieves and Purification oil to use as well.   Thx again for the suggestions! Brenda
Hi, Taking 4 and 6 year old to Disney.  First time there for all of us, first time on plane for unvaxed kids.  What can I do to give them a boost before we fly?  We are on a very good vitamin regimn, including probiotics.  Will start elderberry 1x per day.  We've had a rough winter of sickness and are about two weeks healthy and 4 weeks till we leave.  Just really praying they dont get sick before or during the trip!   any thoughts/ THANKS, Brenda