or Connect

Posts by Blue Lotus

Our family is considering a possible move to western Maine (Rangeley area), and we would love to know a little more about what to expect before we actually make the plunge. I already know it would be vastly different in climate than where we are currently (High Desert in NM), with colder and much wetter winters. What can you all tell me about it otherwise?   What are the Homeschool laws like (in NM it is VERY easy to HS, but I know our state is not necessarily...
How about adopting an animal at the local zoo (if you have one) in her name? Or through the World Wildlife Fund?
I am looking for people interested in homesteading, organic gardening, healthy and sustainable living. Our family has access to a few acres of previously farmed land through a land share we are setting up, and are looking for a couple of families or individuals that are in the same 'place' we are. We would like to share our knowledge and to learn from people with similar interests in sustainability, organic gardening, tensile architecture and animal husbandry, as...
Strange. Maybe it was just a bad month for him or something. I dunno *shrug*
ABQ Snippet - when I took DD to see her, she blamed my extended nursing of DD for her teeth problems (she had some serious dental problems due to being born with thin enamel, just like my mother and probably myself, and unlike my son who doesn't have this issue at all. I nursed them both the same so that wasn't the problem). She was rude and arrogant and abrasive to me, and wanted us to not be in the room if she was to treat DD, which I didn't find acceptable since she...
When DD was little, we took her to Bebe Han since he was highly recommended to us. Only he tried to argue with us about our non-vax views and questioned why I was wanting to breastfeed instead of using formula. He was also asking US what her problem was since she had not stopped shreiking since she was born (he did a hospital visit shortly after her birth). We didn't know and thought HE should at least try to help us figure it out! Turns out she has sensory issues, but...
That's not a bad idea, thanks! Last time I had checked, it was pretty much Christian-based, but that was a few years ago and things might have changed. I'll definitely check it out again.
First question would be: Do you have any roosters? If not, then you don't have to worry about them being fertilized. Eggs often have blood spots - it has nothing to do with them being fertilized, it is just something that often happens with eggs. I found a wikipedia article a while back about it I believe, that talked about the blood spot, etc. Second, I have to second Erinz on checking the eggs. We have found eggs of questionable age (sometimes potentially several weeks...
Hey mamas! It has been a long time without checking in here, and we have had a lot going on in our lives. Those of you on FB at least have a little clue! For those not, we have started our transition to moving in with the IL's, and it is a bit bumpy but we will get it worked out eventually. The Universe seems to be pointing us in a specific direction without giving us much in the way of assurances that it will all work out ok, so I just have to keep hoping it will. We...
Thanks! No local coops, unfortunately. This is a big oil/gas drilling town so there is one natural food place in town that is horribly limited in selection and rather expensive. I'm even having trouble finding semi-crunchy moms to talk to around here. DH and I have actually talked about starting our own coop for years, so I guess this is the Universe giving us the hint to actually start our own. I was just hoping for a good source for some of the things that we buy...