or Connect

Posts by cwaddick

I've used myrrh to promote a healthy pussing response from mucous membranes. I took it both as a tincture and in a salve (Healing Salve from WishGarden in Boulder, CO or Herbal Savvy from Country Comfort, I think). Many of the salves contain a complex of herbs that are helpful. I've also used colloidal silver both topically in ointments and salves, as well as internally. (I buy it from iHerb.com. If you are a first-time customer, you can use my code: LIN301 for $5...
Dietary changes can help a lot. Try a rotation diet. See if eliminating certain foods clears up your face. It could be a food allergy. Often, food allergies, when they start, cause a minor problem such as acne. You could try getting a diagnosis from an alternative chiropractor for food allergies...from mild to severe... Sometimes, even eliminating them for several weeks can "cure" some food allergies. You are still at risk for developing them again. ...It would be...
Quote: Originally Posted by texmati What do you mean by 'caste system' name? I've never heard the term used before-- especially in regards to Muslim cultures. Here is a link to "Indian name" on Wikipedia. "Indian" refers the Indian sub-continent, as in Indus Valley culture, rather than exclusively from the nation of India. The naming conventions are very diverse. The Indian "caste system" names often refer to historical professions in...
My DH is Pakistani. They don't have surnames, rather you get two names, which are presented in no particular order other than their actual meaning. Plus, you are the "son of" someone. And, you are of a caste, which is the third name. My husband's three names are unique from those of his parents' three names, which are also unique from each other. My husband's name means Protector of the Light. Most Pakistani parents are careful to choose a "good Muslim name"...
Is there a moderator in the house? I would like your help. I just logged in after being away from Mothering.com for months (years?). I moved to Vermont last week. When I went to the Vermont tribe to introduce myself, I found out that I "may not" post a new thread and I "may not" reply to a post, etc. Why not? I am ready to sing and dance here again! Cheers, Caitlin
Please bump if you find this post useful. -- Caitlin ********** Pinworms are parasites that reproduce using the human digestive tract. One-third of Americans have pinworms, and 30-80% of children have them because they put their fingers and toys in their mouths. Little girls are particularly susceptible to vaginal pinworms, which causes itching and pain especially at night when they go to bed. One-third of pinworm infections have no symptoms. *** Children's symptoms...
What is the difference between fresh lemon juice and lemon juice that you buy in a bottle from a grocery store? Besides additives in the store-bought juice, there are living enzymes in the fresh juice. Fresh lemon juice has living enzymes in it for the first 30 minutes or so after you press it. When you go to digest food, you need enzymes to digest your food. Many people put fresh lemon juice on fish, salads, chicken, and soups. Crackers from the box have no...
http://www.themeatrix.com/ "Our heroes Moopheus, Leo, and Chickity return in The Meatrix II: Revolting to expose the dark side of the dairy industry." It is a satire of "The Matrix" film trilogy with Keanu Reeves. The website does not address raw milk, but the problems with the pasteurized milk industry. -- Caitlin
When you milk a single cow by hand and then handle the milk in a way that keeps it clean, the milk does not grow bacteria. Similarly, when doctors wash their hands, they do not introduce bacteria and viruses into sequential patients. But, for a long time, people didn't know that. Pasteurization does kill the bad bacteria in unclean milk. But, the bad bacteria do not develop in milk unless the milk is handled in an unclean way. When milk is processed in...
If you want to try something radical: try a low-carb diet, like the Atkin's style diet. I don't recommend doing this type of diet long term, but I do recommend doing it -- and I mean to a "T"-- for several weeks in a row without any cheating at all before you slowly add in favorite foods, sweets, grains, and caffeine. The fatty acids helped me and the B vitamins helped me. I *do* recommend red meat, though only if you already digest it well. Finally, what you...