or Connect

Posts by cwaddick

I met to post in the general Pregnancy and Birth Forum. I'll move it. -- Caitlin
Hi yall, I'm counseling a first-time mama. She desperately wants and needs a homebirth (for health reasons- she has multiple chemical sensitivity). She is 36-1/2 weeks. Her amniotic fluid started leaking Sunday night, then she had mild contractions 3-5 minutes apart. Then, she stopped leaking and the contractions stopped. On Tuesday, she had an ultrasound and everything looks fine; the amniotic fluid seems to be replenishing. She has no signs of infection,...
Q & A: Quote: Q. I had my baby 10 months ago and my belly is very distended (she was 10 lbs.). Yes, I have a good layer of fat, but under the fat is a hard area that sticks out so I look about four months pregnant. It feels like my gut/internal organs are hanging out. My muscles did split apart in my abdomen during pregnancy. Other than losing the layer of fat (which I'm working on), what else could I do to un-distend my belly? Is something...
I have a question about abdominal muscles. I am one of those people who doesn't work out ever, and my first two births did not require intense pushing. The only exercise that I get, really, is picking up my girls (age 1 and 3) and walking around. I don't do any heavy lifting. My question is.... could I have a torn ligament in my abdominal muscles? The reason I am asking is regarding a comment by my doctor today. He saw my belly button while I was lying down and...
:-)
If I were to have a hospital birth this time, I'd hire a doula to be my bodyguard. She and I would go over my birth plan and talk about potential interventions from the hospital folk and then she would be the one to "screen" all the people who enter the room. I had nightmares about birthing in the hospital, but neither my midwife nor my husband took the lead on executing my birth plan.... all it did was intimidate the nurses who were then afraid to talk to me! ...
the OB freaked out (of course, which is why I'm going with a midwife). She couldn't find a cervical polyp, but (jumping to conclusions) felt it was absolutely necessary to have an ultrasound to confirm that I don't have placenta previa or abruptio (yah, right). She said that bleeding is never normal, but I'm pretty sure it is normal afer sex sometimes. The cervix gets really tender. If I could just read it in print, .... I'm choosing a HB midwife soon, so...
for medicinal/nutritional use: 4-6 months, closer to 6 months if you keep your freezer full and open it less often.. and if the seeds were fresh when you ground them and frozen within a few days of grinding for routine use/cooking: at least a year, a year and a half my thinking: flax seeds have many qualities, but are often prized for fatty acids, and these are prone to decline. with oil, the nutrional fatty acids decline by half at two weeks past the press...
This is my third baby, and I'm just not reading the pregnancy books like I used to. I'm sure this is normal. A little friction against the cervix can cause spotting. I wear very thin undies, and this is not soaking the first layer. It's more like an inkblot or a smear. On Day 2, it turned from pink to brown, then disappeared. There was never a spot of pure blood. -- Caitlin (I'm such a prude: I considered creating a new username or guest login before...
I agree it is very psychological. I had a third degree tear with my first - a hospital birth where I was terrified of unwanted interventions. I read the posts before and others suggested affirmations. Here are some that I did not write, but found on the Internet a few years ago. Oh: Just found the ones that I did write: they are in purple and boldfaced. (Sweetpea became DD1, and Asim is DH). -- Caitlin Quote: I also sang my way through the births. ...