or Connect

Posts by alima

No before and after photos yet, cause I'm not an after yet , but my weight loss/fitness blog is in my sig.
Quote: Originally Posted by rhubarbarin I think this is just silly. Plenty of people I know left home or went to college at 17. Does one year make them capable of responsibility in your eyes? Do you think kids who are bright and move through school more quickly should be held back until they are 18 and therefore ready to do things on their own? Come on now. In the culture I come from, 18 and still unmarried and/or living at home means there's...
I like the VDC idea, I haven't been counting my yoga or bike riding, which seems a little counter productive to me. I've been getting a kick out the idea of plotting my distance and "sightseeing" along the way, and would definitely love to keep this going. A monthly Walk around the World thread might keep us at it.
Get your thyroid tested and ask the doc to interpret the numbers for you. My doc was telling me for three years that I was "high-normal" and there was nothing to worry about. Turns out the thyroid test he ran was the standard Thyroid Stimulating Hormone test (TSH) where a high number indicates a low thyroid function and my "normal" test was .04 off of being abnormal. Docs may also tell you that a TSH number that is not far from normal will not affect your metabolism,...
Do you have an email for him? It would be way less personal than having to talk voice. You can just tell him what you stated here, too. That you have let your ds know about his interest, and that he is a grown-up and will choose to contact his father when, or if, he chooses to. That you will not be a liaison between the two, because that makes no sense, and you have no time or inclination for it. And that he should leave you alone now, since there is no point in any...
It would be cool if we could keep this thread going with links to our progress sheet or map of how far we got. So far, I haven't left my neighborhood yet , but I'm mostly biking since the weather is nice. I think I'm gonna go west straight down the transcanada hwy to the ocean (in my mind, at least ) I'm Ali--#311, btw. I'm up to a huge 6 miles or 0.0002 of the way around the world.
It's me who's having trouble with the teen years, not ds (he's great, I'm missing my snuggly little baby ) When ds was 2 or so, he used to wake me up by crouching at the foot of my bed at the crack of dawn and wait for the slightest little glimmer of me waking up, a sniffle, a flutter in my eyelid. Then he'd leap up and yell in the happiest voice "Good Morning Mommy! The sun is up and I'm hungry!", all in one breath. How could I not wake up to that? I cherish most...
Quote: Originally Posted by MarineWife Ya know, it's sad that things are perceived as so dangerous. I think this type of behavior is very normal for this age. If you looked at tribal cultures, you'd probably find that children this age run wild and free in packs all day and the parents aren't worried. Kids used to do that in the USA just a few decades ago. Life is like this for kids back in Belfast where my family is from. When my parents came...
Quote: Originally Posted by lightheart Thank you for the link... but I can't get anywhere with it, just brings up a blank page, anyone know what's going on? hmmm, it worked last night, that sucks...hopefully they're just doing some housekeeping on the site. Another way to do this is to track your mileage on something like Map My Walk. You could start at your hometown or front door, and just keep adding on miles as you do them, and see where...
I've seen programs like this online, thanks for reminding me! I googled "virtual walk around the world" and found this online club, so joined up. Thanks for the push!