or Connect

Posts by lindsayjean

Oh they didn't tell me that risk when we were thinking we needed OHS the week we were in (also about albs at that point) ... maybe they would've if we gad decided to do surgery  then.  I just found a message board for moms of kids with heart problems, let me know if you are interested!     Soooooo glad you got to hold her!!!!!!  That was so emotional for me after almost a week of not getting to hold my baby.  I haven't really set her down much since.... and its been...
So glad she is doing well.  Since we'll be there soon.... what part of surgery affects suck/swallow?  We need open heart surgery and nobody told us that as a side affect.  Hoping chest tubes come out soon!  Thinking of you guys!!
So glad it went well!!  I've been thinking of you since we'll be doing the same thing soon.  Lots of restful thoughts your way.  Sounds weird but take pictures to show her someday when she's a heart surgeon ;-)   
oh gosh, babies TOTALLY know if mom is close.  Mine does NOT sleep away from me.  Rarely.  And for like 10 minutes max.  My other 2 were like this as babies as well.  I feel like by 3 months-ish they are somewhat used to being in the outside world and will sleep away from you for longer periods of time, but the newborn period is like the 4th trimester, some say, so it's really hard for babies to sleep away from mom.  I am holding a baby ALL.DAY.LONG.  Thank goodness for...
not saying you should have to stay with her, just want you to know that you are in charge if you want to!!  I had a really hard time standing up for myself when we first got there.  
Do they have ICU private rooms to request?  Even when I wasn't allowed to hold June (way too many chord and a ventilator breathing for her, yuck!!) I still slept in her room.  If she is in a nursery are other kids with her in there?  We were on the cardiac floor, not the nicu. which was nice.  And we have the narrow aortic arch as well, but they told us that one they could fix without open heart through the side, but since we need open heart already they are going to do...
Oh my word!!  We just got back from a 9 day stay at Children's hospital when our baby June was just a week and a half old.  My daughter also has a pretty severe heart defect and had to be on a ventilator there for 3-4 days of that stay.  It was SO scary.  May I ask what defect is?  Ours requires open heart surgery but they sent us home (after we came down from the very very sick state) and want baby to grow 4-8 months before the surgery.  Ours is ASD, VSD (both are...
We are home!!  And they hope to hold off open heart surgery until she is 4-8 months old. I'm so not an anxious mom, but it's pretty stressful being home with a baby with a heart defect and no monitors telling me she is okay AND trying to care for a 2 and 5 yr old as well and deal with the house.  Oy.  It's going to be a long year I think.... but hoping to find a new normal.  I'm sure the PP hormones don't help!!  Grateful she is well enough to come home though!!!  NOBODY...
Thanks guys, it's crazy, you never think it's going to be you.... and then it is.  She is hopefully going to be weaned off the ventilator tomorrow and then I might get to HOLD HER!  
So we went from one of the most amazing birth experiences ever to one of the most tragic things ever just a week and a half later.     Here is our birth video slideshow and the news story on my birth (yep, there was a news crew at my birth!): http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/05/31/hypnobabies-can-create-calmer-childbirths/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VjTSBx3NXSo   and here is the situation we are in now (completely unrelated to the...