or Connect

Posts by PinkSunfish

I remember making a conscious decision to stop sucking my thumb when I was about eight. No-one tried to pressure me into stopping, I decided on my own. It was around the same time that I started calling my parents Mum and Dad rather than Mummy and Daddy. part of growing up I suppose Personally I wouldn't worry about it, he'll stop when he's ready to stop. My DD2 sucks her thumb and I am happy for her to do it until whenever.
What a wonderful speech and it is very reassuring that there are women like you out there prepared to challenge these people. I always thought that this was pruely a US problem but it is gradually encroaching into UK schools too, especially since Blair has invited questionable outside influences to bed in with the education system.
Hi Sarah, I was in the same position as you are now when DD was 10 months the only difference being that my period returned at 8 months pp (much to my surprose as DD wasfeeding evry 2 hours in the night still then). My DH also wanted babies 18 months apart (FAR too close together for me) and my ideal was 2 years. I came to the same conclusion as you, I wasn't going to disrupt DD's feeding for a putative new baby so TTC might have to be on hold for a while. DD...
I agree with the other posters, don't get stressed about setting arbitary limits, especially at this satge. You have no idea where you will be in a years time. I thought I would like to BF to two years but I didn't actually expect to be still doing it, I didn't expect to nurse through a pregnancy and I certianly didn't intend to be tandem nursing (which is what is going to happen when I have the baby). I didn't expect to have a child who *refused* solids until she was...
Well I don't have boys and dont' have any experience with circumsised men at all so can't say from direct experience. However logic dictates that your youngest son will have a smaller penis because he is younger. Also, there is a big variation in size between individuals just like any body part. I can't imagine that being intact makes a penis look smaller per se.
OMG, that article was thoroughly reprehensible in all sorts of ways. Having had an emergency C-section myself I cannot understand why anyone would volunteer to have one unless it was medically neccesary. I will certainly be doing all I can to avoid a repeat for the birth of my second chid in a few weeks time. It took my months to recover from the physical trauma and longer from the emotional trauma. All my friends who had vaginal births (even those whoose births...
Don't worry. My DD wasn't interested in solids until she was 13 months old. She onyl had BM and the odd piece of dry toast up until then. Even when she did start eating she would only have a *very* limited range of food and it didn't really improve until she was 17 months and I gave her metal tipped cutlery. I think there were three main issues which contributed to her "slow" start.She didn't lose her gag reflex until she was nearly 11 months so would vomit every...
I definately agree that talking to people who have been through similar, especially when they also wanted as natuarl a birth as possible, is extremely helpful. There is nothing worse than hearing "but all that matters is a healthy baby in the end" or "I think I must just ahve a higher pain threshold" from people who had good experiences. My birth experience didn't affect my bonding with my baby but I had a lot of wonderful familial support in the first few weeks. It...
Well I was BF on demand for 15 months and my Mum never used a dummy (pacifier) and I sucked my thumb for years, bite my nails and also chewed on my sleeves, chewed pencils and pens as a child. No idea why I had such a strong oral fixation my Mum was pretty much an AP parent for her time.
I used to do this as a child, I would also bite my fingernails and chew pencils and pen tops. I grew out of it (although I still bite my nails). I wouldn't worry about it too much.