or Connect

Posts by Curly Locks

As long as you are both happy, that is all that matters. My 5 year old son would still nurse to sleep if he could. I was tandem nursing up until last month. I still nurse my 2 year old and I am pregnant. All I can say is each to his own! I would nurse both my kids but it was feeling overwhelmed with being pregnant. Good luck!
I found some info on LLL's website that confirmed advice that was given here. I wish I would have thought to call a LLL leader or check their website first. However, I have always trusted "Mothering" and am grateful to this list of moms!! For anyone who needs info~ Preoperative Fasting (NPO): Guidelines for Breastfed Infants and Children http://www.lalecheleague.org/llleade...Jan02p132.html My baby is having surgery under general anesthesia. How long before the...
Quote: Originally Posted by bamamom hth...sorry you are going through this! and dont tell them he had breast milk! they might not be enlightened, lol. His the ped. dentist asked me when he saw him if he nurses at night or uses a bottle. I flat out denied either! I have done enough research to know where that would lead. Thanks for reminding me how quickly breastmilk is digested! I had forgotten that! ~Heather
Thanks for all the sound advice and words of wisdom. I feel a lot better now! If I can I'll follow up in two weeks to let you know how it goes. ~Heather
My 21 month old needs to have some teeth worked on in a few weeks at a surgery center where he will be given anestesia. I have been told that he can not eat or drink after midnight the night before the morning surgery. He has some VERY clear tooth decay and is going to have caps put on 4 front teeth. He still night nurses and I am not sure what to do or how to handle this. I am feeling very stressed about this whole situation as it is. Apparently the earliest surgery...
Thanks for the tip! I took ds to a chiro and he said it will heal on it's own as long as we keep his nervous systems healthy.
Hey! I can totally relate! Holden will be 4 1/2 in June. So he is your son's age and if I remember correctly, your son is very bright like Holden. I took some yoga classes at the Y several years ago when he was pretty young. He cried almost the whole time the 2 times I tried to leave him. It was horrible! It was then that I started seriously thinking about trusting him. He was not ready for it peroid. I just started using dh more when I needed "me" time. Preschool is...
Today I took my 18 m.o. son, Camden to an eye doctor about a small lump he has between his eye and nose. The doctor says it is a cyst (not an eye sty). It is some sort of ball like mass under the skin and is protruding. He advised we go to a hospital to have a CT scan done to see how far back it goes. The bottom line is that the eye doctor says the only way to remove the cyst is by surgery. I have been researching on-line and am not finding anything. I am going to pick...
Oh and I am taking the exercise advice too! All of you had very valuable input.
Thanks so much for taking the time to give input and support. Part of my problem was hormones. My cycle returned last week and then I went back to feeling much more sane. Plus I started giving my baby teething tablets at bedtime since he kept waking up every half our or so at various times. He still wakes up every two or three hours but that is normal for a five month old baby. Feeling much happier. Spring sunshine visiting more often is helping too. Thanks again and sorry...