or Connect

Posts by folkgirl

I hope you're able to find the support that you need and deserve.   Plenty of people VBAC babies of all shapes and sizes. My c-section was for a 7 lb 10 oz baby, and yes it was assumed that I physically "couldn't" birth her. My OB wanted to do an X-ray to prove my pelvis was small and was furious when I refused.   My second baby was 8 lbs 11 oz. My third? 11 lbs. Both those two were VBACs.   Frankly pushing out the 8 lber was more difficult--it took longer...
I took a trip when I was either 30 or 32 weeks with my first and it was pretty uncomfortable. I was surprised because I was still feeling pretty good, otherwise. That was 6 years ago, and since then I've come to pretty much loathe flying anyway. But I think if you're feeling up for it then there should be no major reason not to go! I have a couple of semi-long car trips planned for later this summer, but I always travel more comfortably in the car, anyway,
I am familiar with your story. I'm in your DDC this time and coincidentally I was last time, too. :) I think your situation is pretty unusual and definitely would give me pause. I have had GD with all of my pregnancies, but I've never had a particularly large baby. Mine have always measured larger than they actually turned out to be. In my last pregnancy they were estimating a 9-10 lb baby two weeks before she was born at 8lbs11oz. Even still, I know there is a...
I think that video would be a provider deal-breaker for me. Oy.
I think your list looks pretty good. I don't know if I would like an Ergo with a newborn, but wraps are great and take up very little room. My children so far have hated bouncy seats, so if I didn't have a lot of space for one I might try to borrow one at first to see if the new baby (babies in your case) like it before investing the money and space in one.
I think there is a wide variation of c-section recovery stories, too. I do see how the illusion of control is there, though.
I have a pair of Tevas from last year that are kind of worn out and I am looking to replace. They are light but rugged, go with everything casual (including skirts, shorts, jeans, whatever) and most of all are comfortable and on sale at REI. :) The model this year is called the Pasas. Last year they were called the Westwaters.
Yeah, I've had both a vaginal birth and a c-section and c-sections and my VB was much easier to recover from, but I do think that some of it is just the luck of the draw. ithappened, I do know some people who have had some of what you have had with their first VB and went on to have a smoother one with their second. No matter how it ends up this time, I hope your recovery is more uneventful and comfortable this time.   I have no idea if I'm done or not. I'm sure my...
Mine is something like   --get new carseats and make sure they fit (so I can do three across in my sedan) --go through boy clothes my friends gave me and figure out what I need --find my newborn diapers, which are...somewhere   I just can't bring myself to make it more complicated than that.
I am really bad about staying connected with this group, but thought I would pop in and say hi.   I am in a pretty good place. I battled depression and anxiety for a couple of months at the beginning of my pregnancy, but I am feeling much more calm and settled now. I keep telling people I have hit my stride or I am in a sweet spot. Not too terribly fatigued, but not feeling every ache and pain of pregnancy yet. I'm 24 weeks--I just had to look that up and I'm kind of...